Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Dashboard doesn't show sleep information

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ever since switching to the new dashboard, it does not show me sleep information on the dashboard. Instead, it always says "How did you sleep?". This was a problem when I used it the new dashboard in preview mode on my iPhone 5s and now it is also a problem on my iPhone SE. The app on Windows doesn't seem to show it either. But it shows up in the dashboard on the website. How do I fix it on my iPhone? Sleep tracking is the main reason I got my Charge HR and now that the information is much harder to get to I find myself wearing it less and less.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Community @nifflets. Have you trying making a force sync? If you haven't, I recommend doing a force sync by following these steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app from your iOS device. Sign into your account if you haven't done so already. 
2. Tap your tracker name at the top of the app dashboard. 
3. Make sure your tracker has battery life and bring it near to your iOS device. 
4. Scroll down and tap the "Sync Now" tile and wait for the sync to complete. 

Also, you can log out and log back in to your account.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I've already tried forcing it to sync, along with logging out & in and reinstalling the app. Since the data shows up fine on the website, I believe it synced just fine, but for whatever reason it will not show up in the app dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nifflets  Sometimes my dashboard will do the same thing on the mobile app.  I have noticed that if I click on the sleep tile, the next screen shows my sleep, then when I go back to the main screen, it appears.

Maybe that will work for you at times~

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes
After the latest app update, I can now see the sleep information on the tile! However it doesn't update correctly when I go to previous days.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@nifflets. That is how the newest version of the App behaves.  Only the very top tile will scroll back into your history.  The lower tiles will remain on today's stats.  To see their history, click on each tile - then you will be able to view history from there.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

Thank you for the explanation. Unfortunately I could not figure out how to get the information I care about into the top tile, so that I can scroll back to previous days like with the old dashboard. Guess I'll just shop around for new trackers when this one breaks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @nifflets, good to see you around. @Kmransom123 is right as how the iOS app works. This is an expected behavior since in order to see your sleep information for previous days, you need to access individually to the sleep tile.

Sleep Info.png

When you scroll for previous dates on the main Dashboard, the small tiles like sleep wont be updated. Only the Master Tile where your general stats are displayed.

Remember that you can use also the web-based Dashboard to have more details of your Sleep history.

See you around. If you have more questions, keep me posted.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer