Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback. I can assure you the comments have been and continued to be reviewed and shared with our iOS team.  

As a reminder, I'm including our help article on the Fitbit app here.

Overwhelmingly, recent posts share the sentiment of no longer being able to revert back to the original dashboard and not having the option to choose. At this time there are no plans to revert access to the old Dashboard, but we always appreciate feedback on how to improve our app.

As a reminder, Please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 8/17/2016

Beginning with version 2.26 of the Fitbit app for iOS, the new Fitbit app dashboard with an updated look is now fully implemented. You can no longer return to the old design. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers.

You can find information about the new app dashboard and how to start using it by clicking here.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2016

I'm very pleased to announce that iOS users who have updated to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App are now able to opt-in to use a preview of a new design of the Fitbit iOS dashboard!

One of my favorite features for this new dashboard preview is the quick log button in the bottom-center of the iOS App. This feature allows users to quickly: track an exercise, log food, log sleep, log water, send a friend request, scan a food barcode (if you are using the US food database), log their weight, or set an alarm.

IMG_1180.PNG

IMG_1181.PNG

Users can opt-in to use the new iOS dashboard design by:

1. Updating to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App, click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

2. Click the Account button in the bottom right-hand corner.

3. Scroll down and click the Advanced Settings button.

4. Toggle the Preview New Dashboard button at the top of the page on.

IMG_1179 2.PNG

Click here for more details and let me know if you have any questions!

Moderator Edit: Edited thread title.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
741 REPLIES 741
Thank you so much @Kd5ghj

I am so nervous about updating my phone. Such a shame that a fitness app that's supposed to help you get healthier keeps inducing anxiety instead.

I would greatly appreciate if more people, who have already taken the plunge to update iOS, can confirm if the version without the banner still functions.

🙂
Best Answer
@LuvSk8ing182, I have the blaze and I'm staying with iOS 9.3 and Fitbit app version 2.26. I have read about a lot of people having to many problems with iOS 10 and Fitbit version 2.27. From what I understand if you have Fitbit version 2.27 there is no going back to version 2.26. So far everyone that has jumped to iOS 10 is having nothing but frustration. So my advice would be to stay with iOS 9.3 and Fitbit version 2.26. At least until they get all the bugs fixed.
Best Answer
Thanks for the heads up @Aclobos
Best Answer
0 Votes
I got switched to the new dashboard when my phone updated, and this time I was unable to return to the old format. While I definitely prefer the old dashboard, the new configuration basically gives the same information, and now that I'm used to it, I'm not troubled by it. Not a big adjustment, really.
Good luck; it's not awful. After a few days, it seemed natural.
Best Answer

Thanks for the heads up @pamjulyan.  I'll suffer through not updating my phone until I can find a replacement tracker for Fitbit.  My following comments with the capitals are not meant to sound angry towards you.  I am merely emphasizing my points in hopes to get Fitbit's attention.  I'm glad you were able to adjust to the new dashboard.

I personally only bought the Fitbit for its customizability.  My fitness goals require me to watch my weight left to lose, my calories left to eat (color coding helped), my water left to drink (the color coding helped this one severely), I also compare the past 3-4 days of caloric intake in order to adjust my meals choices for the current day.  I can't be bothered to click on each previous day's individual stat tiles to see what's going on.  If I wanted to do more work with checking things like that, I'd go old school and write in a food diary that I manually have to flip though.

Well...

It's not awful IF you're okay with NOT seeing how many pounds you have left to go along with your current weight.

It's not awful IF you're okay with NOT seeing how many calories you have left to eat.

It's not awful IF you do NOT want to prioritize things other than the designated top 5 tiles.

It's not awful IF you do NOT want to see ALL of the previous days' results when you click through the past days.

I'm sure there's more, but I'm afraid to toggle the new dashboard button, just in case it gets stuck that way.

Well, I've heard of a new tracker called the LVL or something like that.  It also measures your dehydration level.  Might look into that, but my main concern is the user interface.

Best Answer
@pamjulyan, just a heads up, there was a post about problems with adding your weight after updating to iOS 10. People have been complaining about their system crashing. Here's the post.

Fitbit Update 9/20/16
It was recently brought to our attention that users running iOS 10 that manually log their weight on the iOS App are experiencing an App crash. This is a known issue that our team is currently working on.

As a short-term workaround while our team works on long-term fix, you can manually logging weight on Fitbit.com.
Best Answer
Its not awful if you can see it clearly...there's not enough contrast between the wheels and the background for me to readily see it.

Its not awful if you don't mind choosing each stat individually to review yesterdays readings.

Its not awful if you don't need to review previous readings for other than the top half of the screen.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

No longer have option to go back to old dashboard. Dashboard summary for past days shows today's data other than steps.

Best Answer

I still hate the new dashboard.

Bring back the old one as an option.

That's all.

Best Answer
0 Votes
After much deliberation, I have decided that avoiding to update a $700+ device solely due to a less than mediocre fitness band company is not worth the hassle. I have 73 other apps waiting to be updated because I have not found the time to individually update each of them so that I can avoid updating the Fitbit app. This is absolutely ridiculous. I have been redirected to 4 different pills to cast my vote on the same issue. I will NOT "get used to" the new dashboard. I will NOT miss out on updates for my phone because of a company who refuses to listen to its loyal customers. I will NOT remain loyal much longer. In the next few days, I will update my iOS and I will let you all know if the old dashboard is compatible with iOS 10. If it is not compatible, I will be selling or smashing my Fitbit Charge HR. On to the next one! I will keep those interested updated.
Best Answer
Typo fix:

polls*
Best Answer
0 Votes

I upgraded both my iPad2 and iPhone6 to iOS10 shortly after it became available from Apple. The Fitbit app seems to work as well as it did under the previous version of iOS. Looks like the latest update to the Fitbit App on my iPhone was 2.27.1 on 9/24/2016. I didn't notice any changes. I agree that I like the old list version way better than the new tile version that everyone hates.  I like the browser/PC version of the Fitbit interface better than the iOS App. It has tiles too but the old list parts are still accessible. The latest Windows 10 is more list-oriented and less tile-oriented so maybe Fitbit will more that way, too. Hope so!

Best Answer
@anya1940, I am new to Fitbit. I started with version 2.26, I don't know what the old version looked like. I find version 2.26 very easy to use. I have a blaze and my wife has the Alta. Both trackers have the same dashboard. So what don't you like about the new dashboard? What is the different between the two? I know how sometimes change is frustrating to adjust to. I'm still on iOS 9 and I'm not looking forward to upgrading to iOS 10, I'm not sure about upgrading to version 2.27 for the Fitbit app because I have read to many problems everyone is experiencing with iOS 10 interfacing with version 2.27. If there is anything that you don't understand just put it out to the community and we will help in any way we can.
Best Answer
i like your attitude. i'm with you. Garmin vivofit's lookin' good.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks @karen100

I'm definitely going to check out the Garmin. It's got a great navigation device, hoping their fitness tracker is just as nice to use.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just an FYI for everyone--I've updated my iOS to 10.0, but am still using an older version of the FitBit app--I'm not sure which version it is, but I believe it is the last one that allows you to use the old interface.  The version of the Fitbit app I'm using is working without any problems.  No guarantees, but based on my experience the older version of the FitBit app works fine with iOS 10.

Best Answer
@dordale, to find out what version your using for your Fitbit app, login to your Fitbit app and go to your account tab. Click on help and you should see what version your using. What type of tracker do you have? If you click on your device (tracker listed under your account name) you should also see what version your device is using.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit 2.10(385) works fine on IOS10
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LuvSk8ing182 wrote:
After much deliberation, I have decided that avoiding to update a $700+ device solely due to a less than mediocre fitness band company is not worth the hassle. I have 73 other apps waiting to be updated because I have not found the time to individually update each of them so that I can avoid updating the Fitbit app. This is absolutely ridiculous. I have been redirected to 4 different pills to cast my vote on the same issue. I will NOT "get used to" the new dashboard. I will NOT miss out on updates for my phone because of a company who refuses to listen to its loyal customers. I will NOT remain loyal much longer. In the next few days, I will update my iOS and I will let you all know if the old dashboard is compatible with iOS 10. If it is not compatible, I will be selling or smashing my Fitbit Charge HR. On to the next one! I will keep those interested updated.

If your Charge HR experience is anything like mine and many of my coworkers (our company does a tracker subsidy, so lots of us have them) you won't have to smash it--it will fall apart for you.  

Fitbit has discontinued them, probably because of the multiple issues they have experienced.  They now have the Charge 2, which has swapable bands, but I think dropping the Charge HR isn't just because they have a "better" version.  (Quotes on purpose--I am not trusing any new fitbit product anymore.)  Crashes requiring resets, battery issues, bands bubbling up, the back piece over the charger falling off and the band separating from the display are all issues I have personally seen or experienced.  Fitbit used to make better lasting products and stand by them more.  The trackers I bought in 2012 and 2013 are still working with no issues; the one from 2015 I'm trying to superglue back together. When there were issues they used to replace items with much less hassle.  Now stuff breaks faster, you have to fight to get help and they ignore feedback after they asked for it originally.

This thread was created by a fitbit moderator to get feedback on the new dashboard.  Why?!? when no one is listening and we are just told we are posting in the wrong place and need to go vote elsewhere.  I voted.  It did not help.  I don't like the tiles but I could live with them if they would put back the color changes and show me only previous day data on previous days.  Fitbit has not made one single update to the new dashboard since the first preview release based on any feedback from users that I have seen.  Looks aside, it is less functional than the old dashboard and that makes no sense.  

P.S.  I have coworkers who have already dumped fitbit for Garmin and Misfit.  They are very happy.

Best Answer

@Aclobos,

There's nothing wrong with the newer version of the Fitbit App per se.  There are just many folks here who are resistant to change.

It's really little more than the difference between a digital clock and an analog one (circular gauges vs. horizontal bars).  See the screenshots on the setup page and compare it to the dashboard on your app.

There were other changes:

• Gauges don't change color as you progress the way the online dashboard does.
  • Looking at previous days only affects the top tile.

IMHO, nothing that warrants the I-hate-life-and-will-spend-over-$100-on-a-new-tracker-to-switch-brands type of reaction.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer