Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback. I can assure you the comments have been and continued to be reviewed and shared with our iOS team.  

As a reminder, I'm including our help article on the Fitbit app here.

Overwhelmingly, recent posts share the sentiment of no longer being able to revert back to the original dashboard and not having the option to choose. At this time there are no plans to revert access to the old Dashboard, but we always appreciate feedback on how to improve our app.

As a reminder, Please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 8/17/2016

Beginning with version 2.26 of the Fitbit app for iOS, the new Fitbit app dashboard with an updated look is now fully implemented. You can no longer return to the old design. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers.

You can find information about the new app dashboard and how to start using it by clicking here.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2016

I'm very pleased to announce that iOS users who have updated to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App are now able to opt-in to use a preview of a new design of the Fitbit iOS dashboard!

One of my favorite features for this new dashboard preview is the quick log button in the bottom-center of the iOS App. This feature allows users to quickly: track an exercise, log food, log sleep, log water, send a friend request, scan a food barcode (if you are using the US food database), log their weight, or set an alarm.

IMG_1180.PNG

IMG_1181.PNG

Users can opt-in to use the new iOS dashboard design by:

1. Updating to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App, click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

2. Click the Account button in the bottom right-hand corner.

3. Scroll down and click the Advanced Settings button.

4. Toggle the Preview New Dashboard button at the top of the page on.

IMG_1179 2.PNG

Click here for more details and let me know if you have any questions!

Moderator Edit: Edited thread title.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
741 REPLIES 741

Buoyed by your review, I looked again. You actually can still log activity data with the Android app, though as you point out they have very cleverly obscured that functionality, the better to display their calendar of what you would have logged had you found out how to log, and their world map, essential if you are hoping to retrace the steps of the Native Americans from Asia, across the Siberian ice bridge, and into the New World. I am a little disappointed that they did not give a similar treatment to the food logging feature, which remains functional. I think the prospect of wading through such an obfuscated interface as the activity log to log food would be a great disinsentive to eat. Anything.

Best Answer

Nice being able to make it sync from the main screen by pulling down!

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

Ack--I just tried the new iPhone dashboard for Fitbit (I have a Flex), because it said I could "tap" something and change back if I don't like it.

Well... I don't like it. But I don't see anything to tap. How do I get the old one back (at least till I'm forced to switch over)?

Best Answer
LOVE THE NEW IOS DASH!!!
Best Answer

Honestly, I don't care for the new format at all.  I find it to be too busy and cluttered to easily see progress among all the different stats.  The old format was simple to see at a glance, the different color bars to show progress made it super easy to see how far you've gone.  And, what is the gray patch in my sleep half circle?

It now seems to look more like the website which I never use because it is a pain to navigate. 

Where do I go to get the old format back?  And, will this be an optional update in the future or will we be forced to sort through the mess to track our progress?

Fitbit, "fancy" isn't always better.

Best Answer

I was able to sync from the main screen by pulling down before.  Not sure what app you were using, but this isn't a new thing for my "old" version.

Best Answer

@DKRoc  You can choose not to use the new preview by going under Advanced settings in the app.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

I like the new dashboard but I wish it were a little more condensed so I could see all 4 tiles on the bottom rather than have them cut off.  What I like about the old one is going in and seeing all my stats on one screen.  I do have to say the pull down to sync is really cool.  It'd also be nice to have hourly activity as a small tile option.  

Best Answer
I hate it too but can't figure out how to get old one back.
Best Answer
Kmransom123: Thank you!!!! I have my bars back and couldn't be happier! 😊 I should have thought to look there, but I think I was just too disturbed to think that clearly. 😉
Best Answer

@lizzardthe You can switch back to the original dashboard by:

1. Clicking the account button in the bottom right-hand corner of the App.

2. Scroll down and click the Advanced Settings button.

3. Toggle 'Preview New Dashboard' off at the top of the page.

Let me know if you need any more help and welcome to the Community!

Best Answer

If you Tap on account in the lower right of the tab bar.

Scroll down to Advanced Settings

Toggle Preview new Dashboard off

Best Answer
How do I find the maps of my walks?? Can't see them anywhere 😱😱
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is the Sleep tile going to show the most recent info in a future update? (ETA: Or does it already? I just realized that I charged my device overnight so I don't have data for last night.)

I agree with picasso66 that I'd prefer to see 4 tiles below the step/activity section. I dislike having to scroll on dashboard style pages.

I would also love to see a Dark Mode option for the dashboard as the current bright white iOS style has been a tough one on my eyes. I always opt for Dark Mode when it is available.

Best Answer

@13badgers wrote:
How do I find the maps of my walks?? Can't see them anywhere 😱😱

Press on the "x of y days" tile. It will take you to the exercise map list.

Best Answer

@13badgers If you click the "Track Exercise" tile it'll bring you to your exercise log where you can see your exercise history.

@Blackmoondog You can still edit your dashboard to remove any tiles that you want on your dashboard by following the instructions listed here.

The tiles below the the daily fitness stats tile show your most recent information, even if you're looking at your stats for the previous day. In order to see your previous stats, you'll need to click into the individual tiles to see your historical data.

Best Answer

click on the tile "weekly exercise"

Best Answer
0 Votes
Love the new dashboard. Looks much more modern and matches the revamped iOS! Great job, FitBit design team. Now just change the dotted zero back to a solid zero on the Alta and all will be right with the world 🙂
Best Answer
Please please please do not force the new dashboard! The huge tiles do not work for me. I like to have all the information I need on one page.

If you force the big tiles, why not let me choose which I am most interested in? I don't care for the number of stairs, but I'm closely monitoring my sleep. That's why I bought my Charge HR. There's no way to move the sleep tile to the top.

Best Answer