Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New dashboard keeps saying failed to sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

While I like the new app (I'm probably one of the few), I've noticed a three things. First, for some reason, every time it syncs with my Versa, it keeps saying that it failed to sync/update, but it updates the graphs (steps, floors, calories, etc.) Second, it doesn't seem to update my sleep. Also, the indicator for new notifications is still there even though I've already read all of them.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Stephen0118. It's nice to see you here again. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

I appreciate your comments about the new dashboard, and let me help you with your inquiries. It sounds odd that you're getting that message when your graphs are updating. Just to make sure, is the Fitbit app and the OS version of your phone updated? If you have other Bluetooth connections, turn them off when trying to sync. Also, please give a try to the following steps:

1. Remove the Versa from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  3. Open the Fitbit app, tap the profile's icon and Versa's image.
  4. Tap on sync now and wait until it's completed.
  5. Then tap on notifications and proceed to pair via Bluetooth when prompted.

While the syncing issues may be affecting the sleep data, make sure the heart rate is working correctly, that you're sleeping for more than 3 hours and to use your device to sleep instead of using the "Begin sleep now". If you get an error message about why you're not getting sleep data, attach a screenshot in your reply so I can further investigate.

About your other concern, our team has received feedback of the notifications tab showing a red dot when there aren't unread messages. They're currently working on this to bring a fix for all our users, while I don't have a time frame for that fix be sure to keep the Fitbit app to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date.

Keep me posted.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Stephen0118. It's nice to see you here again. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

I appreciate your comments about the new dashboard, and let me help you with your inquiries. It sounds odd that you're getting that message when your graphs are updating. Just to make sure, is the Fitbit app and the OS version of your phone updated? If you have other Bluetooth connections, turn them off when trying to sync. Also, please give a try to the following steps:

1. Remove the Versa from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  3. Open the Fitbit app, tap the profile's icon and Versa's image.
  4. Tap on sync now and wait until it's completed.
  5. Then tap on notifications and proceed to pair via Bluetooth when prompted.

While the syncing issues may be affecting the sleep data, make sure the heart rate is working correctly, that you're sleeping for more than 3 hours and to use your device to sleep instead of using the "Begin sleep now". If you get an error message about why you're not getting sleep data, attach a screenshot in your reply so I can further investigate.

About your other concern, our team has received feedback of the notifications tab showing a red dot when there aren't unread messages. They're currently working on this to bring a fix for all our users, while I don't have a time frame for that fix be sure to keep the Fitbit app to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer

Hi, Lizzy. Thank you for responding. I'll try your suggestions and, if I have any issues. I'll post back. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been having the same issues but I’ve done the recommended steps multiple times and it still fails to sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issues since updating the versa and it doesn't show steps or sleep.  I tried the steps above and it doesn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes