Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iPad 2017 running iOS 11.1 will not run most recently updated fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my new iPad, iPad 2017 128gb running iOS 11.1. My fitbit app will not run and crashes on launch. HELP!! Anyone else having this issue? It doesn’t load, no matter what I try. In the middle of a couple of hustles and a daily challenge??? This bites . . .

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Hello FerdinandFitbit,
After some hesitation, I deleted the Fitbit app even though the "are you sure" message informed me that deleting the app would erase all data. My brand new iPad is an iPad 5 2017 128gb running iOS 11.2, Apple's latest release and it is NOT listed in Fitbit's compatibility list. Nevertheless, deleting the app and reinstalling it FIXED IT!!! And my data was preserved. Ferdinand, you are a guru . . . many thanks!!!

Sent from my iPad

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @CASfromFLA. Welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with your new iPad not loading the Fitbit app correctly.

I'm not really sure what could be going on here... Have you already tried to uninstall and reinstall the app?  Also, which iPad model exactly are you using? You can make sure that the one you're using is included in the list of compatible devices by clicking here.

I can suggest that in the meantime, for you not to be left behind on your challenge, sync with your phone if it's a compatible device if you're able to or any other compatible device if you have one around.

Let me know if you continue to experience this problem after checking your iPad is compatible and uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
Hello FerdinandFitbit,
After some hesitation, I deleted the Fitbit app even though the "are you sure" message informed me that deleting the app would erase all data. My brand new iPad is an iPad 5 2017 128gb running iOS 11.2, Apple's latest release and it is NOT listed in Fitbit's compatibility list. Nevertheless, deleting the app and reinstalling it FIXED IT!!! And my data was preserved. Ferdinand, you are a guru . . . many thanks!!!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yaaaaay!

Thanks for getting back @CASfromFLA! I'm glad to hear that it's all working now! 😄

Anything else, I'm here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes