Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Text Notifications iphone6

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hello, I don't know what to do..

I am receiving called and calendar event notifications on my Alta but not texts. I called Fitbit and they sent me a new Alta hoping that was the issue and I'm having the same problem. 8 am allowing notifications and I don't have it on do not disturb.

Anyone else have this issue or any advice?

Thank you!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@AK86  Another thing to double check is that on your Iphone, you have "Allow in Notification Center" and "Show in notification center" enabled for your messages.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am having the same problem. I received my replacement today and same exact issue. I have iPhone 6 Plus, have tried all the troubleshooting and still nothing. HELP
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Emb25, good to see you around. I would recommend to set your tracker as a new device if you have tried all the possible solutions.

1. On the Fitbit app for iOS dashboard, tap the Account tab.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Also I would like to confirm which steps you have tried to address the notifications issue? Have you tried the steps suggested on this post? If you haven't it might provide you additional help.

Keep me posted how it goes, I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

New Fitbit Alta hr and 6plus and I do not get text notifications. Have tried all of the above steps. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just set up my brand new Charge 2 and using an iPhone 6s Plus running iOS 10.3.1.

My missis also has a charge 2 and running the same iOS but on an iPhone 6s and isn't getting the calls/texts notifications so it's not just me with the issue.

Could it be an update issue perhaps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did ALL the steps here http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1610

This resulted in it working as it should!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lauraturley and @SingingTurnip, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's nice to have you on board! Smiley Happy

@SingingTurnip, thanks for taking the time to let me know your issue has now been resolved and that you're now able to receive Notifications.

@Lauraturley, if your Alta HR is not able to receive notifications and you have tried the steps listed above, please restart your tracker:

• Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  • Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Alta HR will begin charging.
  • Press the button on your charging cable three times within four seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  • Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Then, go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is listed here. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. Restart your phone and open the Fitbit app, tap on Account > Your tracker > Notifications and enable them once again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes