Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving WhatsApp notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I just got my Fitbit versa 2 and have been using it connected to my iPhone 8s. The problem is that I’m only receiving text and call notifications but am unable to receive other app notifications like WhatsApp. It isn’t even showing in the notifications tab. I’ve tried all the steps mentioned on the help forum. I’ve restarted both devices ( phone and watch), deleted the app and reinstalled but still nothing is working. Whatsapp notifications are on in the settings and so is the preview. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Aisha91.

I am sorry to hear you're not receiving other app notifications like WhatsAppThanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. Usually a missing requirement is the cause and I recommend confirming the steps to set up notifications in this help article: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

Keep me posted on the outcome. I'll be around if you have any additional questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I have tried these steps several times and I can see other apps in notifications, whatsapp is still not appearing. I have checked and rechecked whatsapp settings too. Please fix this. If it doesn’t work, it will be a disappointment for me 😭

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Aisha91, thank you for your reply.

I am sorry to hear the issue persists, thank you for providing the additional details. I totally understand how you are feeling and recommend making sure that your device is paired to your Fitbit account: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

I also would like to confirm if you see WhatsApp on the list of the apps? Please check the following:

1. Tap the Today tab > your profile picture.
  2. Tap your device image > Notifications.
  3. Check if you see WhatsApp on the list of the apps and if you can select it. 

If you receive notifications from the WhatsApp app on your phone, this app should appear on the list. 

Looking forward to your response. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes