Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not tracking steps every day on iPhone tracker

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use my iPhone as a tracker and have it on all the time. Periodically, when I open the Fitbit app, it will sync all data from the current day, but will not sync any previous data unless I remove the iPhone as a tracker and re-add it.

I have tried the recommended steps of rebooting, removing the app and reinstalling, and as I said removing and re-adding the phone as a tracker. 

I show data in my Health app so I know the phone is tracking steps, but they don't always show up in previous days' activity.

Does the app need to be open in the background all the time to receive data? Do I need to open the app and sync every day?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @jamesbcox1980 and welcome!, it's great to have you on board the Community. Smiley Happy

The MobileTrack function on your phone should sync your steps from previous days (up to 7 previous days) without inconvenience. It seems the information is not updating correctly, which is why I would like to recommend logging out from the app, restarting your phone and logging back in.  This should reset the connection of the app with our servers. 

Please remember  that in order to sync the MobileTrack data it's necessary having an internet connection (WiFi or mobile data) as the information gets transferred to our servers to be stored.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case  you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @jamesbcox1980 and welcome!, it's great to have you on board the Community. Smiley Happy

The MobileTrack function on your phone should sync your steps from previous days (up to 7 previous days) without inconvenience. It seems the information is not updating correctly, which is why I would like to recommend logging out from the app, restarting your phone and logging back in.  This should reset the connection of the app with our servers. 

Please remember  that in order to sync the MobileTrack data it's necessary having an internet connection (WiFi or mobile data) as the information gets transferred to our servers to be stored.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case  you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Awesome, thanks so much for the fast reply! Your solution worked perfectly! It's syncing like a charm! Apparently it's been uploading to the server no problem, but it wasn't downloading.

Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jamesbcox1980, I hope you're having a great day!

Thanks for taking the time to let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

If you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good day!

Fitbit is not tracking data anymore since I installed IOS 11 Beta on mu iPhone 7plus.

I tried the logging out and in sequence and rebooted the iPhone. I also re-installed the Fitbit app. It is still not working. I guess I now have to wait until the next update op the app. I cannot reinstall IOS 10 anymore because it will cause loss of important data.

Maybe you might have a tip? Otherwise I will wait. I use the Sports-tracker app and a heartbeattracker of Suunto. This combination and with the Apple health app works fine, but not with Fitbit cirrently.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Ronald Urlus

Best Answer

Hello @R.URLUS, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

If you're using MobileTrack in your iPhone my recommendation would be removing it from the account, then restart your phone, open the Fitbit app and add it to your account once again. Additionally, please update the app if you haven't done it yet. 

Keep in mind that with a new beta OS, there are some apps that might not work as they should and this might include the Fitbit app. Please give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Dear MarcoGFitbit,

Thank you for your quick and accurate response. I followed your instructions and the sync works perfectly again.

Great!

Kind re gards,

Ronald

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @R.URLUS, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I'm very glad your issue has now been resolved, In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes