Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oops, something went wrong. Please try again.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try to log into fitbit from iphone 6, I keep getting error "Oops, something went wrong.  Please try again".  I reset the charge 2, but continue to get message.

Best Answer
0 Votes
25 REPLIES 25

Hello and welcome to the Fitbit Community @mrjaj
I see your having that dreaded “Oops Something Went Wrong” message. I believe I can help. Try this:

go to your iPhone then settings>General>Reset>then reset network settings 

😃 please let me know if this provides you with the best answer to your issue 

Best Answer
Thanks for the suggestion.  However it did not correct my error.  Any more suggestions?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @mrjaj 

It wouldn’t hurt completely uninstalling then reinstalling the Fitbit App. You will not lose your data doing this.. Heres how:

1. Log out of the Fitbit app and force shut the app by swiping up

2. completely uninstall the Fitbit App from your device

3. now completely shut down your device and wait about 1 min then restart your device 

4. once your device has reloaded reinstall the Fitbit app by downloading it from the App Store

5. once it’s installed, log into your device as you normally would with username and password 

6. don’t touch anything in the app...just wait until you get a prompt from your Bluetooth.

7. When prompted by your Bluetooth tap yes 

8. now sync 

😃 Please let me know if this does the trick. Keep me posted

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello MegaBite.
Tried this a couple times, but would not work.  First of all, I get the Oops message while trying to log in, Second of all, my phone cannot find the watch via bluetooth.
I appreciate your time.  Do you have any more suggestions?
Thanksmrjaj
Best Answer

Hello again @mrjaj 

Lets try restarting your Charge 2. You might have to do this a few times but it’s worth a shot. You will find the instructions on how to restart here: ( you will not lose data doing this) https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=Restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Try if possible to download the Fitbit app to a different device and see if that resolves the issue. (It might let you know that something in your iPhone settings is wrong or not compatible with the Fitbit App if it works on another device)

If this does not work then I would suggest calling Fitbit Customer Service. You can find ways to contact them here: https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs&co=GB

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was the same problem that I was having yesterday and messaged about but still do not have a resolution!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Chrissie3 and @mrjaj 

I just mentioned this to you in another post @Chrissie3 ......but I wanted to post this here for @mrjaj as well......

Let’s try this....I suggest you to to go to your phone settings and turn off WiFi. Then, try to log in to the Fitbit app again. If you're able to log in, turn on WiFi once again. 
😉 please let me know if this works 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks this helped me out by turning the wifi off when in setup mode.

Best Answer

Hello and welcome @Yorubaz 

Im happy to read my suggestion helped you get up and running again! Happy Stepping!! 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @mrjaj 

I wanted to see if my suggestion of going to your phone settings and turn off WiFi. Then, try to log in to the Fitbit app again did indeed work for you. Or are you still getting the oops something went wrong message. 
😉 please let me know 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

i have got that same problem and suggested remedies do not work.

please, could you help ASAP?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LionBelfort 

Fitbit was experiencing issues earlier and it seems to be resolved now. Please try signing back to see if your still experiencing issues.

😃 Please keep me posted 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I am also having this issue but it did not get resolved for me. I can’t log into my Fitbit account on either my iPhone 7 (iOS 13) or my android tablet (OS 7)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello and welcome @Microcricket 

Please try force shutting the Fitbit App by swiping it upward if the app is not opening then restart your iPhone 7 and try again. Hopefully restarting your phone will resolve this.
😃 keep me posted

Best Answer

Didn’t work 😞 I’ve tried everything under the sun to make it work; I’ve tried resetting my network settings, deleting the app and restarting my phone, closing the app and restarting my phone, just closing the app. Nothing on either device and it’s been over a day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Microcricket 

This is quite unusual that you can’t seem to login on either device. Apparently resetting the network went smoothly because your currently online now here on the forum. I think you should call Fitbit Customer Service. Here are ways you can contact them: https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs&co=GB

I’m really sorry I was unable to assist you. I’m sure Fitbit Customer Service will get you back up and running again. Take care

Best Answer

Thank you for your help! ☺️

Best Answer

I just wanted to let everyone know that I just got off chat with support and said that it’s an issue with the app they are working to fix 😊

Best Answer

That’s fantastic news @Microcricket ! Hopefully it will be resolved quickly. Happy Stepping! 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes