Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to change background color in Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I haven't been on the Fitbit app for a couple of years. But I'm noticing the app now has a share feature, which offers different background colors when sharing your stats. Is there anyway to change the app dashboard to any of these background colors. There is one in particular with the black background that I really like. It would be nice to see the app itself give users this functionality. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there @walkgorilla, it's nice to see you here! We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I think having an option to make the background dark or changing to a personalized color would give the chance to people to improve the readability significantly. In this case, I would like to encourage you to submit your insight as a suggested idea, where members of the Community can comment and vote for it so it can be implemented in the future.

I've moved your post to the iOS App as there are more chances to get related replies here.

Thanks again for your insight, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

In all fairness this exact change was suggested by users back in 2016 and here we are 3 years later with no change whatsoever, so I think we've got the gist on how Fitbit respond to feedback. (I was mortified when the interface last changed as it took away the at a glance visual and replaced it with unnecessary scrolling, when I enquired whether I could go back to the old look, I was told point blank, no.) Fitbit seems to want to make things less user friendly if anything. 

Given how many of us log our data at the end of the day, there should have been a 'dark mode' or optional screen colour years ago. 🤔 It'll be interesting to see what changes the Google buyout will bring. 

Best Answer

It’s now 2022 and still no background personalization options.  

Best Answer

2023 and still no options. Kind of a basic option at this point and time. 

Best Answer