Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to change the default Exercise Type when tracking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I start Tracking on my iPhone it default the Exercise Type to "Walk".

This is despite me selecting "Run" over 90% of the time.

Can this value default to the last used exercise type?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Slushy, I hope you're doing well, welcome to the Fitbit Community! As always, it's nice to see you around @MrMarv, thanks for your insight about this situation. Smiley Happy

@Slushy, thanks for bringing this to my attention, even though at this moment it's not possible to change the default exercise type when starting MobileRun, I think it's a great idea to have the ability to select the default one. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I would like to encourage you to submit your insight as a suggested idea, where our members can comment and vote for it so it can be implemented in the future. This is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@Slushy - 

I suspect it is because most people would select walk 90% of the time. I am truly not making fun of you. Look at what I do for a living in my signature.

Do I think, as a professional developer, that it would be best to default to the last used?

Definitely!

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

Hello @Slushy, I hope you're doing well, welcome to the Fitbit Community! As always, it's nice to see you around @MrMarv, thanks for your insight about this situation. Smiley Happy

@Slushy, thanks for bringing this to my attention, even though at this moment it's not possible to change the default exercise type when starting MobileRun, I think it's a great idea to have the ability to select the default one. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I would like to encourage you to submit your insight as a suggested idea, where our members can comment and vote for it so it can be implemented in the future. This is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Thanks @MrMarv and @MarcoGFitbit for your comments. I have added this as a suggested idea:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Option-to-change-the-default-Exercise-Type-when-...

Edit: Updated the above link as the old one expired

Best Answer

@Slushy -

And you just got your first vote.

Welcome to the boards.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Slushy, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's always a pleasure @MrMarv, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

@Slushy, I appreciate you have submitted your suggested idea, our team is always aiming to improve the Fitbit app and I'm sure your idea will attract many members that will vote for it and comment about it. 

If there's anything else I can do for you or if there's anything else you might want to add, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Marco,

What's going on with this suggestion? Your answer was Feb 2018. My APP on iPhone is still doing the same thing. I have to change exercise type every time I "RUN" from Walk. Fitbit hasn't incorporated this suggestion of setting default to RUN? Also, I don't know how to find the APP's version. Is it stored somewhere in the APP?

Best Answer

For the version, go to the icon in the top left, then select Help & Support. There you will find the version number. Mine is currently 3.82.

As for the rest, I've given up and will move elsewhere for my next device.

Best Answer
0 Votes