Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing charge 2 with iphone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've tried several times over the last 24hrs & nothing works. I get to 'pairing your tracker' enter the numbers & then it gets stuck trying to connect. My ISO is up to date, I have restarted my phone, turned Bluetooth on & off & reset the Fitbit several times. When I look in Bluetooth the Fitbit  appears to continuously connect & disconnect. What should I try now?

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

I have done everything it won't go past connecting after I enter the code. I have an IPhone 7

Best Answer
0 Votes

This doesn't work

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can I pair my iPhone to my fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try this. Go to iPhone Bluetooth settings, then forget all devices paired with iPhone including the fitbit charge 2. Once done, go to the fitbit app and setup the pairing thru the fitbit app. During the process, iPhone will pop up a window asking to setup pairing with device. 

sometimes iPhone does not let you pair thru app if it was already paired using iPhone Bluetooth settings. Also make sure your fitbit was not paired with any other device.

Best Answer

I found the "notifications" turned off on the tracker itself. Held the side button for a couple of seconds to turn them back on. Good to go.

Best Answer

I read a few other posts on this subject and they all seemed to go in circles. I found this post, followed Raksaksa's instructions and now my Charge 2 is back to normal; pairing with my iPhone 6. Thanks Raksaksa!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

I have tried what you have suggested and It is stuck in the pair your tracker screen. The tracker only some times appears in my blue tooth screen under devices and or it appears under other devices. The is no option to go into that device and delete it. It alternates between My devices and other devices. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried everything, although, admittedly I haven’t reset my Fitbit because I don’t know how! My iPhone just says searching and gives me useless ways to solve the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue!!! I can’t help unfortunately but I will be following you to hear of any updates. Frustrating!!!!! I have had my charge 2 for almost exsactly a year and it all of a sudden started having issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I myself am having the same issue I paid over $100 a month ago and haven’t been able to pair it. I have iPhone 7 and the 8 3 ipads none of them will pair right. So hopefully someone will help both of us. Sorry I couldn’t help but I have done everything u said so I know it’s frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It seemed to help to unpair and forget from all my devices - then just connect it to my phone. After all the hassles, it’s been working great for a while now. But it was so freakin’ frustrating!
Best Answer
Knock on wood mine is running great. I don’t hit a year until July. I guess I’ll wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
You can reset your charge 2 by putting on the charger and while on the charger press and hold the mode(side) button until you get the Fitbit symbol.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I understand some of you are still having trouble pairing your Charge 2 with your iPhone. If that's the case for you, please try the following steps:

1. Restart your Charge 2, then leave it plugged in and charging.
  2. Restart your phone.
  3. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal.
  4. Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process. 
  5. Try to set up your tracker again:
    • Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
    • Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
    • When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
    • When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

Please keep in mind that if your tracker has already been set up on another mobile device, there's no need to pair it again on your new phone, simply go to the Fitbit app and a sync should start immediately. Additionally, if you're changing phones, go to the Bluetooth settings on your old phone and forget the device from that phone before syncing with the new one. 

I hope this can be helpful, if for any reason your phone is still having trouble setting up your tracker, or if you have trouble syncing, please feel free to reply and include all the steps you've already tried to troubleshoot this issue so I can determine which steps should we take next. 

Happy stepping! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Thank you! Mine finally worked after about 5 attempts but so glad to get it working again!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Pineapplexx67, I hope you'e doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

I have been having the same issue when it comes to pairing Charge 2 with my I Phone 7 phone. I have followed all the steps listed. I get to the step "pair your tracker," the fitbit lights up and I put in the code. It states that it is "connecting to Fitbit." It does that for a few minutes and then the app crashes. I have followed all of the steps listed. It has become very frustrating to deal with, especially since I have followed all the steps multiple times.  If there are any other steps I need to take, please let me know. 

Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine didn’t work for ages until 1 morning I tried and it suddenly worked! I’m not sure what else you can do, sorry x

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Hibsb, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Pineapplexx67, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@Pineapplexx67, thanks for sharing your experience! @Hibsb, if the app keeps freezing when you're trying to set up your Charge 2, please uninstall the app, restart your phone and install it back. After that, try to set up your tracker as a new device again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Helen,

Don't know if this will help or not. I have had issues also with my Charge 2 however, I got so P...ed off with it that I just put it on charge for 2 days, removed it from my phone memory, left it for 2 mins, asked my phone to search (did not watch for it to show the connection to Charge 2), opened my Fitbit app and just waited, after about a minute, they both talked and, after about 3 mins, it also talked to my laptop!!

Really hope this works for you 🙂

Best Answer