Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous day information showing in today's Dashboard.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone,

I seem to be having an issue with the Fitbit app on iOS. When viewing the dashboard if I go to the previous day only the top 5 items are updated, while the sections below remain the data from today. I see that some people reported this issue back in April 2017, but none of their solutions have worked for me. Below is some background info along with screenshots. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

- Tracker - Charge HR
- App version - 2.38.1 (688)
- iOS version - 10.3.3

- Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Fitbit app
  2. Allow sync to run
  3. View the dashboard screen for today
  4. Tap the left arrow
  5. Previous day information is shown for Steps, Floors, Active Minutes, Cals Burned, and Distance.
  6. Error - All information below those items is still the data from today.

Fixes tried:
- Forced quit the app
- Logged out of app, restarted phone, logged back i

Today dashboardToday dashboardYesterday dashboardYesterday dashboard

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @SunsetRunner, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

I understand your concern about this situation; however, this is not an issue, it's the way the app works and is intended. Only the main tile (steps, floors, active minutes, calories and distance) is the only one that shows previous days's information when you scroll left. The other tiles will only show Today's information. 

If you'd like to check previous days's information on the rest of the tiles, please tap on each of them, you will be redirected to a new screen where you can check detailed information, compare data from days and weeks and even see the variation on graphs. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, in case you need anything else, please feel free to reply! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @SunsetRunner, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

I understand your concern about this situation; however, this is not an issue, it's the way the app works and is intended. Only the main tile (steps, floors, active minutes, calories and distance) is the only one that shows previous days's information when you scroll left. The other tiles will only show Today's information. 

If you'd like to check previous days's information on the rest of the tiles, please tap on each of them, you will be redirected to a new screen where you can check detailed information, compare data from days and weeks and even see the variation on graphs. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, in case you need anything else, please feel free to reply! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marco - Good to know that this is intentional. I seem to recall all of the tiles updating in the past, but I may be mistaken. Not sure if other users agree, but I think it would be helpful to have all of the information change when you adjust the date. Either way, thanks for the reply!

Best Answer

Maybe not having tiles change as you look backwards in time is intentional, but it is a terrible idea. Many users have reported our dislike of the "feature" (read that as failure), but no response from FitBit. Really, why have a dashboard at all if not to see EVERYTHING at a glance. We should be able to look back over our week and not have to click on every day. How are we supposed to compare? Totally bad idea.

Best Answer