Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems logging food

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I've had my Fitbit Charge for 4months and love it. Over that time I've lost a stone and a half.
However, recently I'm having major issues logging food that I've eaten.
Here's what happens:

1. I log a food item.
2. It appears, then disappears.
3. I re-log it.
4. Then the first one reappears, so I have two of the same items logged.
5. Then I have to delete one.

It's an absolute nightmare and is making me frustrated. I love my Fitbit and don't want a stupid glitch with the app to spoil my experience and impact on my weight loss and improved health/diet/life.

Can anyone help???
Please????
Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I'm having the same problem.

I hope they fix it soon.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @davidtomlin @ikerhumba,

This is a known issue with our App that our team is currently working to resolve. Since this is an App-related issue, you should still be able to see all of your food data on your Fitbit.com food log while this issue is being worked on.

Apologies for any potential inconvenience while this problem is being worked out.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
Any idea when this will be sorted? It seems to be getting worse and is driving me crazy!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @davidtomlin thanks for your question! Please know that at the moment there's not an estimated date of when this will be fixed but we will make sure to let all of you know when we find the resolution.

Thanks for your patience, have a nice week! Robot Happy

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer
I have been having the same problem for three days. I thought it was my 6s iPhone (it was working fine for months) so I have kept restarting it. I have been very serious about my food log since returning from vacation and now have to keep editing the food log. The last app update was April 12 so I hope SF home office is working on it.
Best Answer

Welcome to our Community @JeannieOakley! It's nice to see you around more often! Man HappyOur engineering team is already working on this and hopefully they'll find a solution to this. In the meantime, my best advise would be to log your food directly from your online Dashboard since I'm pretty sure you'll not find any issues on there. 

I appreciate your understanding on this matter! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having this problem with the last 2 updates (no problem before that), at least the latest version doesn't crash when I log food. The disappearing food log problem does seem to be getting worse and it's becoming very frustrating.

PLEASE hurry with a fix. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
Yes, please hurry with a fix because this is extremely frustrating to not have food properly logged!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to our new friends @SunsetRunner @Seanster1 it's nice to have you here! Man HappyI totally understand you with this and please know our engineering team is already aware of this and will find a solution as fast as they can.

Your understanding is really appreciated! Robot Happy

Best Answer