Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick replies don't work for iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought a Versa 2 after having the first Versa only because I wanted to do quick reply’s. I just got it home and all set up and realized that only works from android. I will never own android and I’m quite disappointed I cannot use quick reply’s. Waste of money.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Mariah61392 Unfortunately, this is because Apple will not allow Fitbit access to quick reply.  Fitbit is a direct competitor, so of course Apple would rather people buy Apple Watches if they want to reply to text messages.  This is not the fault of Fitbit.  You should voice your concerns to Apple, though I do not see any resolutions happening.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@Mariah61392 Unfortunately, this is because Apple will not allow Fitbit access to quick reply.  Fitbit is a direct competitor, so of course Apple would rather people buy Apple Watches if they want to reply to text messages.  This is not the fault of Fitbit.  You should voice your concerns to Apple, though I do not see any resolutions happening.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

@Heather-S  Hopefully that all changes with the CEO of Fitbit answering questions about the partnership as seen here!

I came across this video dated Oct 4, 2019 and at the 3:13 mark the reporter asked the Fitbit CEO about working with Apple and James Park talked about the importance of partnerships.  https://finance.yahoo.com/video/fitbit-ceo-speculation-potential-sale-194309844.html 

Hopefully now Fitbit can bring their iOS app up to par with the android app:

I think many fitbit users are looking forward to:

-syncing with Apple Health

-an iphone widget

-quick replies

Oddly enough  Apple  Health and the iphone widget were 2 popular feature requests  that Fitbit didn't plan on including.

Hopefully, with talks of the partnership, iphone users can have the same experience as android users. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Posting a request for Fitbit to work with Apple for quick reply to text and to phone call with a quick reply when paired with iPhone.

Asking for a moderator or Fitbit customer service to respond to and help bring this to resolution. 

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes