Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) 9/3 - Received Classic Sleep rather than Sleep Stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

9/7 Update: 

Thanks everyone for your patience while we investigated this issue. We acknowledge there was an abnormally high number of users not receiving sleep stages since this past weekend. Our team has confirmed this issue has since been resolved. It's still possible for users to receive the simplified sleep patterns due to the reasons mentioned in this help article. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

9/5 Update:

Hi, everyone! I know many of you still haven't received their Sleep Stages, beginning since this past weekend. Our team is actively investigating the root cause and we hope to have this fixed for you all soon. I'm going to close this thread and would like to re-direct you all to your tracker's thread for future updates.

If you own a Blaze, Charge 2, or an Alta HR. Please follow or subscribe to those threads for updates on this issue with Sleep Stages. I will keep those up to date with any new information. 

Thanks everyone for your cooperation! We really appreciate your patience. 

9/4 Update:

We are continuing to investigate this issue, and understand that some of you are still not seeing Sleep Stages. Thanks again for your patience while we work toward a resolution. Here are some answers to questions that have come up around the issue:

Q: Is there something wrong with my tracker? Does my tracker need to be replaced?

A: No, there is nothing wrong with your tracker. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Am I not receiving Sleep Stages because of my app version or tracker firmware version?

A: No, this is not directly related to your tracker or app. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Do I need to contact Fitbit to get this resolved?

A: No, you do not need to contact Support. This issue is not specific to any accounts, and we are working to get it resolved for all customers.

Q: When will I see Sleep Stages again?

A: We are working hard to implement a fix for this top-priority issue, and hope to have it resolved as quickly as possible. We will update this thread as soon as we have more definitive information.

We are aware of an issue that resulted in some customers receiving Classic Sleep graphs rather than Sleep Stages over the past few nights.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and our team is looking into this to prevent it from recurring.

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

Sleep stages not showing today (iPhone)

Best Answer
0 Votes

You aren't alone. Mine has done the same thing for the last 2 days. 😞

Best Answer

Same...trying to fix it. Frustrating.

Best Answer

@Rachelanne20  @She1agh  @HeatherBeth  Many users of all the trackers that offer sleep stages are posting about this issue.  This issue has been flagged for urgent moderator attention.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Same issue for the last two days.

Best Answer

Same here. 

Best Answer

Same here. Is there any news on when it's going to get sorted?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated the Fitbit app on my iPhone to version 2.39 2 days ago. Since then, I have not been able to get sleep stages data, just the old sleep graph. I have tried all the regular fixes, but nothing seems to work. I really think this is related to the app update. Are any bug fixes in work?

Best Answer

My wife (Alta HR, since yesterday) and I (Charge 2, since the day before yesterday) both experience the same issue. Did someone already see a FitBit moderator response somewhere? Guess it can break down but shouldn't take too long, we love this feature and it should work...

Best Answer

Same here. Two days no sleep details only time asleep 

Best Answer

This is awful. I contacted them but have not heard a word. 

Best Answer

I no longer see the sleep stages for when I sleep, just the patterns. I don't understand why this has changed. The bed, pillow, how I wear the fit bit hasn't changed. This is very disappointing. 

Best Answer
Not heard anything direct either, except for the auto email response to my query that said it could take 2-3 days to receive a response.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue for the past 2 nights. I was just going to email Fitbit when I saw the moderator's post. Thought there was a problem with my new Alta HR...guess it must be a software issue if others are experiencing the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Matthew I'm not sure what you would consider old since I posted this just a few days ago September 2 2017. I understand the world moves fast but 2 days is still 2 days and not March 2017 or May 2017.

There are a number of complaints regarding the issue of Sleep Stages not recording and instead Sleep Patterns recording when customers do not want the Patterns. So I doubt this is a closed or old issue, UNLESS this is how Fitbit customers service is provided?!?!?!

It's an old issue (that has not been address properly, either through acknowledgement or offering other NEW insights) that remains relevant to customers today as much as when the complaints went unheard or answered back months ago.

Thanks!

Posting #3, Response requested #1

Best Answer

@LAinChgo The thread that I closed was opened back in May, and was about a different issue that has since been resolved. This is a totally different issue, albeit with similar symptoms, which is why we need a new thread to discuss it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great! I also saw that you acknowledge that a Fitbit team is looking into why this is happening, Kudos on both!

Best Answer

Just want to say. Me too. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

This seems to be an ongoing problem mine has been the old way for the last week.  Why can't this problem be fixed. My husband has the blaze and never has had this problem. I've done the reset thing multiple times

Best Answer
0 Votes