Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) 9/3 - Received Classic Sleep rather than Sleep Stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

9/7 Update: 

Thanks everyone for your patience while we investigated this issue. We acknowledge there was an abnormally high number of users not receiving sleep stages since this past weekend. Our team has confirmed this issue has since been resolved. It's still possible for users to receive the simplified sleep patterns due to the reasons mentioned in this help article. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

9/5 Update:

Hi, everyone! I know many of you still haven't received their Sleep Stages, beginning since this past weekend. Our team is actively investigating the root cause and we hope to have this fixed for you all soon. I'm going to close this thread and would like to re-direct you all to your tracker's thread for future updates.

If you own a Blaze, Charge 2, or an Alta HR. Please follow or subscribe to those threads for updates on this issue with Sleep Stages. I will keep those up to date with any new information. 

Thanks everyone for your cooperation! We really appreciate your patience. 

9/4 Update:

We are continuing to investigate this issue, and understand that some of you are still not seeing Sleep Stages. Thanks again for your patience while we work toward a resolution. Here are some answers to questions that have come up around the issue:

Q: Is there something wrong with my tracker? Does my tracker need to be replaced?

A: No, there is nothing wrong with your tracker. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Am I not receiving Sleep Stages because of my app version or tracker firmware version?

A: No, this is not directly related to your tracker or app. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Do I need to contact Fitbit to get this resolved?

A: No, you do not need to contact Support. This issue is not specific to any accounts, and we are working to get it resolved for all customers.

Q: When will I see Sleep Stages again?

A: We are working hard to implement a fix for this top-priority issue, and hope to have it resolved as quickly as possible. We will update this thread as soon as we have more definitive information.

We are aware of an issue that resulted in some customers receiving Classic Sleep graphs rather than Sleep Stages over the past few nights.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and our team is looking into this to prevent it from recurring.

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

Pleased the issue is being looked at. I'm not performing any resets etc. and will await an app/firmware update.

Its a function I find useful and quite miss it.

Best Answer
I go on chat this morning and the only thing they could tell me to do was to reset my Charge 2, which I did. Of course, I won't know until tomorrow morning if it worked, and it won't fix the last two days! They did finally say that they were "aware of the problem". Hope that helps and you all might want to reset your devices, too.

Karen Keeter
Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to see this is something that happened to a lot of other people at the same time too, I was getting worried something was wrong with my alta hr. I hope it's resolved soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has not worked since rolled out in March 2017. It works then it doesn't. I tried the latest firmware update and again no new sleep data. You have lots of postings. I thank you for not recommending tighten or loosening the band etc.  This is the 1st time stating you are working on solution. When that happens I will take my brand new charge out and try for 3rd time. 

Best Answer

Hi Matthew... how has the other issue been resolved? People were writing that after the update to receive sleep stages they were still receiving classic sleep results.

Seems many of us are still having very sporadic bouts of the new sleep stages appearing. 

Since mid July, I've only had the new sleep stages appear a total of 5 times, whereas at one point I was getting the new sleep stages almost every night (well, I had a run of 8 nights - 1 night of classic sleep - then 17 nights straight of the new sleep stages... I figured it was working fairly well compared to how it was).

I'm also finding classic sleep is recording time that I'm not wearing the Fitbit. Several times I've gotten up and removed the device to have a shower, and it has recorded that time as "sleeping". 

Combined with how wildly inaccurate my Charge 2 also is with recording steps taken, I'm left utterly unimpressed given what I paid for it (my $20 pedometer is far more accurate and reliable). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

Last tuesday 29 sep my sleep tracker skipped an entire night. Last two days it is not functioning properly, same complaint like all the other users here. Incomplete data. I am in the W-Europe time zone.

Loes

Best Answer

I have the alter hr and mine has reverted back the last 3 days. Having chronic fatigue it was a useful tool to track this! Any update?? Ta!

Best Answer

I don't believe the ISSUE has changed. Since March 2017 it has been the ISSUE and still is today September 4, 2017.  We are angry, frustrated, disappointed and just trying to get serious customer service. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As expected, resetting my charge 2 did not fix the problem. Glad to hear from moderating that they are looking into the issue. The last three nights are the only time I have seen this problem since the initial rollout. It has been working great until now. I suspect it was the app update that caused this. Has everyone who had the problem done the iPhone app update to 2.39?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 has given me detailed sleep data since purchase about 3 months ago. Yet, the last two nights no data detail, just basic, which is useless to me. I see you are working on this issue, and would like to know why this happened. The sleep tracking is the primar reason I use this. Thx

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.  This is the third night that I haven't gotten sleep stages.

Best Answer

Same problem for my sister and I (we both have an Alta HR) over the past three nights. Mine had been working perfectly since I got it over a month ago. Very disapointed, please fix soon! I feel like half it's function is gone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's still not fixed for me, either -- third straight night after months of no problems. I read somewhere yesterday that this is a Fitbit server issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sane issue here. Mines started as of the 1st. At first I thought it was my battery but then I saw it continued after I charged and decided to check out the threads. Here's to hoping that an app update corrects the problem. 

Best Answer

I'm also having the same issue. I have a Charge 2.  The last time I got a detailed sleep report was 9/1. At least I know now that I'm not the only one having this issue.  Hope it gets fixed soon. I love the detailed sleep reports.

Best Answer

I have had zero problems with my sleep stages showing up until three days ago when the app updated. I had a pretty good run of like 90 straight nights of sleep stages showing up.  But since 3 nights ago.  No stages.  And like everyone else I have done nothing different. Must be the app. They need to rerelease roll back the previous update so we can go back to the one that worked.  They should scrap that new update and start over. 

Best Answer

Mine has not shown for the last three nights and that is on two different trackers ( Blaze and Charge HR 2), never had an issue before and checked that everything is working properly.  Must be an issue on the Fitbit side of things.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They have said since I joined this community in May nothing. However the postings kept coming. Kate blamed the user and said they are aware.

I'm not holding my breath. I don't believe it will happen. Charge 2 as other models are not inexpensive, but they don't track sleep as per their advertisements.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have not had this function properly since they rolled it out March 2017.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
It is their problem and they can't get it to work.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer