Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Error when starting a challenge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For 2 days now whenever I try to start a Daily Challenge, I get this error:

AC443AC4:F434_A92D9235:01BB_5B70353E_3F200748:3C12

Then when I get passed this message, it'll add this challenge 3 times but only invite 1 of the friends anyway.  Then I try to add an invite for the other friend but it still won't invite them.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your reports everyone, there appears to have been an issue last Sunday/Monday, but it's resolved now. I'll be closing this thread for further reports. If you are experiencing any new issues with Challenges, please start a new thread. Thank you! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Is anyone having issues with starting challenges this weekend? I keep trying to start a work week challenge and I keep getting an error message. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cheryl09 thanks for your report that you are unable to start the Daily Showdown. Are you seeing any wording in the message? If possible can you share a screenshot? Also what is the make/model of your phone? I'd be happy to pass this on to our team. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

01C80CF0-010B-4FCF-B90C-38D1035A8407.png

Best Answer

I’m  experiencing the same problem. Someone please help !! 

Best Answer

Kate - It looks the same as the picture Cbielans posted.  I have an iphone CS.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Cheryl

UPDATE:

I meant I have an iphone 6S

Best Answer
0 Votes

I meant I have an iphone 6S

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GZH1996

Just curious, do you have Android and your friends have iOS?

Got a friend with Android who texted me that she had trouble inviting. A friend with iOS was able to join and my invite still hasn't made it. Seems she invited three times and the iOS friend accepted all three.

Evidently something is going on and it's been reported.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I had the same issue happen to me tonight, but it generated 8 challenge invites and kept giving error message “you can only be in 10 challenges at one time”. Called customer service twice and received no help. They were confused on how to handle the  issue and requested that I email screenshot to them.

I ended up restarting my my phone and sending message to friends in 7 extra challenges requesting they quit the challenge and accept the “active challenge”. 

Best Answer

3rd day this is still happening.  Spoke to someone yesterday and they have to get back to me.  This is really getting annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happening to me too, work week hustle. Exact same. Some users cannot accept either. Really annoying as we are unable to do the Work Week Hustle this week.

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue starting a new workweek hustle, but a different error ID. I couldn’t rematch last weeks workweek hustle either. After starting a new challenge and receiving the error msg, three new challenges started but only with 3 of the 8 invited.  Invited other 6 but nothing happened. I have an iPhone 8 Plus. 

UPDATE:

6B4DC3F8-190F-429D-820E-103CFB91917E.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was trying to send workweek hustle challenge out to my normal group and got an error message. I'm using iOS operating system. Might be a kink all the way around? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also noticed that I would have like 4-8 of the same challenge pop up. I would just delete the extras and check the open one. When I did that I checked invites and the only one actually invited was myself, so I sent out the invites through the challenge again and they went through afterwards... maybe that'll help????

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I do not have an Android. It seems like when there are invites to a challenge there is an error message. It also appears that one invite somehow turns into three. I noticed that when one of my friends tried to invite me to a challenge.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just sent a goal day invitation to my friend from last night. It seems fine on my end with no error messages. Just have to wait to hear back from her.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Are you possibly in 10 challenges already?  You can only participate in 10 challenges at a time.  You have to wait for existing challenges to sync and end and then they will drop off your total, this will allow you to start and join new challenges.  

I was getting the "Ooops" message and then realized I was in the max amount of challenges.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

No. I do the one weekly challenge and the weekend warrior with the same core group of 6 people. I also sent the challenge and the only person in the duplicate challenges was myself. I did contact Fitbit support and they told me to log out, force close the app and restart my phone to see if that fixed the issue.

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. At this moment I would like to gather some information from you so I can check this further and determine what should we do next in regards of this issue:

1. iPhone mode you're currently using. (Some of you have already sent it, thank you)
  2. OS version running on your phone.
  3. App version currently installed on your phone (go to Account > Help to get it)
  4. Since when have you experienced this issue?

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes