Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Heart Rate Not Updating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 3/3/17

This issue should be released with the release of Fitbit iOS App version 2.33. Click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store to update.

Fitbit Update 10/26

Some users are reporting that the heart rate graph on the iOS App is not loading even post sync, this is a known issue that our team is actively working to fix.

Force quitting and reopening the App has been a successful workaround for a lot of iOS users experiencing this issue on the Community, and I would recommend it until a long-term fix is implemented.

Since this is an App-related issue, you should also be able to see your heart rate on your Fitbit.com dashboard as well.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
137 REPLIES 137

New update of the iOS app today and the bug is still not fixed. 😞 

Best Answer

Yup same here

how difficult can it be ... force graph update after sync .... 

this has been reported dozens of times for months now .... come on fitbit !

IMG_0156.PNG

Best Answer

Latest update didn't fix the heart rate graph issue for me, either.  It has gotten beyond a joke that it has not yet been fixed.  

Best Answer

force the closing of the ISO app worked for me. Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, has this issue been fixed in the last iOS app update? Heart rate graph still only updating after app restart? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Restart 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

Restart 😩

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this issue truly being worked?  It's been a while and the issue is definitely quite annoying. 

Best Answer

So when are you going to fix this problem? It is now December and this message is from October. I have a Blaze and a Charge HR and both were syncing heart rate fine until I updated to IOS 10.2. 

Best Answer

Are you suggesting deleting the app, then reinstalling it? This issue is happening to my wife's Charge 2, and my Blaze. I've read that there is an issue with IOS version 10.2 causing the sync feature to stop mid flight, so to speak. I haven't updated that as yet untill we get an all clear from Fitbit. So far, the only way I have been able to update the heart rate gragh on my app is to reset my iPhone. Bit of a nuisance for sure. I hope they come up with a solution soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Double click and swipe up to quit the app is sufficient for me, with no need for a full reset. It sure is annoying to have to do it a few times a day though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • Just got my Charge 2 Fit Bit a week ago (December 13, 2016)..
  • Today the heart rate stopped tracking on my phone app display. 
  • Wondering if this effects my Calories Burned output? 
  • How do I get the Heart Rate display on the app to restart? 
  • I tried force quitting the app, turning bluetooth on and off, and turning the phone off and back on. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

You may need to restart the app a couple of times before the heart rate data shows on the graph.  The data is there, the line just isn't showing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This refers to a Charge HR with a 5S iphone. iOS on the phone and the fitbit app are current as of 12/20/16. The heart rate display sync issue in the app is unresolved for me. The correct display is still present on the fitbit.com dashboard, so the HR is recording/syncing data.

Things which do not resolve this problem are:

1) quitting and restarting the app

2) resetting/ restarting the Charge HR

Two things which do work, on a one-time only basis are:

1) a hard restart of the phone

2) deleting and re-installing the fitbit app

Of the two, the first work-around is less annoying. So, no data loss, but some annoyance.

-wjb

Best Answer
0 Votes

wow I have this exact same issue and was encouraged to see someone had already started a thread about it....but very discouraged to see the thread was started in SEPTEMBER and it's now almost the new year and the issue has not yet been fixed. Hopefully sometime soon 😕

Best Answer

I bought fitbit charge 2 yesterday. I can see that the heart rate chart is not updating unless i switch off and on my iphone.

Can i know if the application bug been fixed ?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

It hasn't been fixed yet.  Apparently it's on Fitbit's list of things to do.  

Best Answer
It hasn't been fixed as yet. I gave my Charge 2 to my wife and I'm using the blaze. Same thing with the blaze. I got an email from Fitbit. I was told they are working on it. From what I understand they have been working on it for awhile now. I still just have over 30 days to return it. If they don't fix it during that time I will be returning it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, they notified me to that affect.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is an update on a previous post. To recap, it's for current iOS and Fitbit software on an iPhone or iPad pro and assumes that heart rates are recorded, uploaded, but improperly displayed. The following corrects the problem, but doesn't solve the bug.

1) Exit from the Fitbit app

2) Go to Settings--> Fitbit on the phone or iPad

3) Toggle "something " (Media Library, Background App Refresh, etc.) on or off. It doesn't matter which and it doesn't matter if you toggle them on or off. Get out of Settings.

4) Relaunch the Fitbit app.

5) Do a manual Sync either by dragging down the setup screen or going to the setup screnn. I usually do the latter. The automatic sync doesn't work every time.

This displays the plot of heart rate vs. time up until that point. It's a workaround because the problem returns immediately; i.e. go away for 10 minutes and the display isn't up to date again. 

-wjb

Best Answer
0 Votes