Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Heart Rate Not Updating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 3/3/17

This issue should be released with the release of Fitbit iOS App version 2.33. Click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store to update.

Fitbit Update 10/26

Some users are reporting that the heart rate graph on the iOS App is not loading even post sync, this is a known issue that our team is actively working to fix.

Force quitting and reopening the App has been a successful workaround for a lot of iOS users experiencing this issue on the Community, and I would recommend it until a long-term fix is implemented.

Since this is an App-related issue, you should also be able to see your heart rate on your Fitbit.com dashboard as well.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
137 REPLIES 137

I notice you posted that this is a bug, but that was in October. It's February now and I reset my Fitbit earlier today and I just noticed that about that time it stopped recording on the chart in app. It's still appearing on dashboard and on device but I need this data conveniently located so I can monitor as i want to make sure all is well next time I see doctor as it's lower than I expected. I've increased my activity a lot in last month but by no means an athlete. 

Was this caused by resetting device and if so do I need to do something to fix it? I learned in the app how to reset it and it said I wouldn't lose any data so I am confused and frankly a little concerned now. Up to this point I had no issues with this. If initially was a bug I would have thought would be fixed 4 months later? 

Any suggestions how to retrieve?

Best Answer

OK I am so sorry I quit the app and restarted as instructed and initially didn't work...but OF COURSE after I panic and write a really LONG question out and post it and try again my data is retrieved. 😜

So sorry for taking up time...I'm all good. Appreciate the support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Steph - it is a bug but on the plus side no data is lost - it is just not displaying as it should on the chart on the Fitbit App on your smart phone. The workaround is just to log off and on and it data should reappear on the graphs. You may find you will need to do this multiple times if you are in the habit of checking the graphs through out the day (like I was) but at this point no data is lost but missing on the graphs.

The bug has been noted by fitbit users for 6 months or more but no fix as yet. I have given up on my Charge2 and now have an Apple Watch. but I do miss the simplicity of the Fitbit app.

Good Luck!

Best Answer

I have done the same as SALYT - ditched the Charge 2 and gone to an Apple Watch.  I also miss the Fitbit app and wish Apple wld design something similar.  

Best Answer
Are you saying it is an iOS issue? I cannot see heart rate on my tracker.
Best Answer

I am now experiencing the same problems, heart rate not always showing in tracker even when exercising & graph incomplete - so annoying as I've only upgraded my Fitbit from a flex to a charge 2 

Best Answer

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to give a quick update about this bug.

Our team is still working on a long-term fix and I anticipate that it will be available soon; in the meantime, I would recommend force quitting and reopening the App as an effective short-term solution.

I know this has been a little bit of a prolonged issue, but our team is still working towards resolving this bug.

Best Answer

Thanks for the update. As this has been going on for months I have to ask why this has taken so long to fix? Very disappointing!

Best Answer

Just got my charge 2, 2 weeks ago and 3 days ago it started only tracking my heart rate from midnight to 9.00am

Best Answer
0 Votes

Acually my dashboard now only shows my resting rate, not the current rate. Just happended so it may be an Ios issue.  is there a workaround?

Best Answer

Mine isn't even registering resting heart rate & when I look at my charge 2 I am doing fat burn or cardio for past few hours even though I've been sat doing nothing as I've been ill. This then gives a false reading on my overall chart as it registers me as doing a workout and reaching my target for exercise

this Fitbit is only 3 weeks old & I'm seriously thinking of taking it back to Argos to get a full refund & get a model by a different designer 

Best Answer

I'm glad to know it isn't just my issue.  I bought the Charge 2 after my first Charge busted 11 months after purchase. I purchased this one a few weeks ago, since I have some heart rate issues that I like to keep my eye on, especially during exercise. The tracker works for that, but I like having a daily record to watch for patterns. My cardiologist has checked me out, and I'm okay, but I do like to keep an eye on it.. I hope they fix it soon, since the heart rate is a major feature of the Charge 2 device. 

Best Answer
I have to say mine corrected itself....
sometimes it may be a day behind, but it "fills in the blanks".
and my notifications to move everyhour is now working.. I do love my HR2

--
Cheers
Kazziemac
Best Answer

YEAH .... after 6 (!) months of complaints ... finally solved.

now 6 months more for a seperate stride lengt for elliptical ... and many months more for more custom addaption of numbers.

sigh ... i'm happy this is now solved but SO dissapointed on the support

Best Answer

Hi everybody,

Version 2.33 of the Fitbit iOS App was released this morning and should resolve this issue where the heart rate graph isn't fully populating even after syncing.

If you haven't already updated, click here to be redirected to the Fitbit iOS App Store to update.

Best Answer

I was thrilled when my heart rate started showing up as it should after this update. Now, however, with the sleep analytics, often neither my heart rate nor my sleep patter will show up until/unless I sync multiple times. I've turned off the (stupid, unnecessary, distracting) sleep analytics in hopes this will help resolve the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just uploaded the app onto my iPad & iPhone & neither has any for, of heart rate tracking, has it been removed from the apps? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This problem seems to be back. 

Best Answer