Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Heart Rate Not Updating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 3/3/17

This issue should be released with the release of Fitbit iOS App version 2.33. Click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store to update.

Fitbit Update 10/26

Some users are reporting that the heart rate graph on the iOS App is not loading even post sync, this is a known issue that our team is actively working to fix.

Force quitting and reopening the App has been a successful workaround for a lot of iOS users experiencing this issue on the Community, and I would recommend it until a long-term fix is implemented.

Since this is an App-related issue, you should also be able to see your heart rate on your Fitbit.com dashboard as well.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
137 REPLIES 137

Cool - logging off the app and logging back in straight away does sync the data. Thanks for the tip .. and yes still very annoying!

Best Answer

I feel the same.  Just want to track my activities.  Nothing more.  Given this why can't Fitbit just fix what they have rather than introducing features that few want or need?

Best Answer

This is beyond frustrating. I am totally frustrated also.

Best Answer

Exactly - I just want something that works the way it was advertised. Tracking the heart rate is one of its core basic function. How can it be failing?

Best Answer

I see there is an update for the IOS app, should this fix the issue?  It states that it has bug fixes, but does not elaborate in the description.

Best Answer

Not fixed I fear. The new update did not fix my issue - the heart rate data is missing on the chart again since about 6pm till midnight .. 

So the saga continues ..

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, not fixed!
Best Answer

How hard the fix can be ? Maybe next year will do it 🙂

( not cool ...)

Best Answer

After 2 days of back and forth on their support tweeter account I have finally progress to being assigned to an actual support person. This person has yet to make contact with me but will keep you guys posted on any progress. Wish me luck!

Best Answer

I have had the Fitbit since Christmas - nice present I thought. I'm beginning to think otherwise - this heart rate problem in very frustrating. If not fixed soon I will be returning mine and looking for a refund. Any others think the same?

Best Answer
Good luck indeed. To progress this I expect you'll need to be dealing with
someone further up the good chain but at least it's a start.
--
Aratiatia Dairies - One of 10500 dairy farmers who own Fonterra
Best Answer
Yes, the biggest worry is that issues go unresolved for months, so what
happens if they push out bad firmware which kills the device or simply go
under, which seems likely with the way all their users are reacting. Mine
is going back as soon as wife finds receipt!

There are much better options out there now.
Best Answer

Yes ... fitbit is to busy buying other companees instead of taking care of bugs ( and customer requests )

Best Answer
0 Votes

The sad thing is that apart from this heart rate non- graphing bug, we're pleased with the Charge 2's we gave each other for Christmas. Fitbit just needs to listen to the message from its consumers and get the bug sorted. I read somewhere it's 5xs more expensive to attract a new customer than to retain an existing one.  We each had a Flex and now each upgraded to Charge 2s. Given this experience it's unlikely that we would repeat our mistake! Pity.

Best Answer

Good luck with contacting Fitbit Support via Twitter. I do wish you well.  After dealing with Fitbit Support for months including via Twitter, and having them at first try to convince me that the heartrate update problem did not exist, I am beyond fed up.  All I have ever gotten from Fitbit Support is that they are sorry that I have a problem. Being fairly technical I quickly blew through all of their standard fixes and work arounds none of which worked.  Only last October did I finally get some acknowledgement that Fitbit Support did agree that the heartrate update problem indeed existed.  The work around they suggested (and I had already stumbled upon) was stopping and restarting their Fitbit app to force my heartrate to update.  That was then, this is now.  Where is the fix?

Best Answer

I agree.. this is my second fitbit and I only just upgraded to the new Charge 2 late last year. After using the previous unit for well over 12 months prior to the change I have been very happy with my Fitbit. Will I recommend them going forward?? Not so sure now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I simply called Fitbit customer service on the phone. My call was answered right away with no wait and the issue was resolved within a few minutes. I am very satisfied.
Best Answer

They have been trying to distract me by fixing another minor issue with the web dashboard. But I keep pulling them back to the real issue I have which is the Fitbit App on my phone. Let see if they come back today with any acceptable solutions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to hear - how did they fix the issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
To resolve my issue of the heart rate not displaying on my phone app dashboard, the customer service representative talked me through the process of setting up my Fitbit device again.

Once it was reloaded, no data was lost, and all dashboard items were fully functional (as they were when I first set up the Fitbit.)
Best Answer