Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Heart Rate Not Updating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 3/3/17

This issue should be released with the release of Fitbit iOS App version 2.33. Click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store to update.

Fitbit Update 10/26

Some users are reporting that the heart rate graph on the iOS App is not loading even post sync, this is a known issue that our team is actively working to fix.

Force quitting and reopening the App has been a successful workaround for a lot of iOS users experiencing this issue on the Community, and I would recommend it until a long-term fix is implemented.

Since this is an App-related issue, you should also be able to see your heart rate on your Fitbit.com dashboard as well.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
137 REPLIES 137

Subscribing to this thread- Fitbit please increase the urgency around this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue, restarting the app brings in the data, but this is another problem that never seems to be addressed by Fitbit, they really have very poor support.

Best Answer

2 days ago my heart rate tracking on my dashboard stopped. The graph is not displaying but when I touch the screen I can see the data at different time slot.

Yesterday I reloaded the Fitbit App on my phone and the graphs showed back up. I assumed the issue was resolved. Not so as it is doing the same again today with the missing chart. I do not want to have to reload the app everyday - so what seems to be the bug with the software????

i have had the unit for well over 18 months and this has never been an issue - very frustrated and annoyed 😠

Best Answer

Since 2 days, I have the same problem. Is there a permanent fix for it yet?

Best Answer

Mine was tracking fine up until 2days ago then it stopped tracking once I was awake. When I let my finger rest on the missing part of the graph each reading appears but it's not graphed.

how do you do a forced shut down?

Best Answer

I deleted the Fitbit app on my iphone and re-loaded it. Once it was reloaded it worked and the missing logs for the heart rate reappeared.

However, this is not a perm fix and the next day the new log is missing again from the dashboard on my phone.

The work around would be to keep deleting the app and reloading it which would be crazy.

I will try to contact the Help team directly to get a proper fix.

S

Best Answer
0 Votes
That work around worked, but what a pain!

Motuman
Best Answer

I originally reported this to Fitbit Support back in May 2016.   After waiting and waiting for some type of fix, I then posted in a separate post in this forum back on October 11, 2016.  Someone automagially marked the issue as 'Solved'.  I can absolutely assure you that it is NOT solved.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Heartrate-not-updating-or-refreshing-in-Fitbit-s-iOS-app/m-p...

One of my big concerns is that is has taken months to get Fitbit Support to even admit that this is an actual problem.  As you will note in my earlier post I provided an extensive amount of information on the bug to help your engineers find the problem and a fix.  Yes, stopping-and-starting the app lets the heart rate update but as others have pointed out "this is a real pain".

All this said, can resources be put on this bug to 'actively' get it fixed without anymore excuses?  In hindsite I should have just bought an Apple iWatch.  As you can tell by my tone, this level of NON-Support is absolutely inexcusable!

Best Answer

Based on the lack of response, Fitbit apparently have a very long list of things to do.

Best Answer

Based on the lack of response, Fitbit apparently have a very long list of things to do. 😞

Best Answer

I have send the Fitbit Support a message on their twitter account as per their instruction for support and their message is to keep unload and reloading the app. UNBELIEVABLE..

Best Answer
0 Votes
I attempted to contact Fitbit Support via Twitter also. All I ever get is
lip service -- Absolutely no resolution whatsoever. Disgraceful!
Best Answer

I have ditched my Fitbit Charge 2 and gone back to the Apple Watch.  It seemed to be over-counting steps, and the altimeter gave interesting results (presumably bcs of changes in the weather).  Heart rate graph issues were just another part of the problem for me.  

Best Answer

Deleting then reload the app allows the app to show the otherwise missing data on the graph. Very frustrating. Come on Fit bit . You guys knew about this deficiency before charge 2 was released in NZ. The performance of the charge 2 has been misrepresented to 1000s of your customers. Talk about shooting yourselves in the foot! My advice is to get this bug sorted ASAP before the mounting reputational damage sinks your company  

Best Answer

And STILL not solved in todays 2.31

As you can see its not good for my heart rate 🙂

IMG_0247.PNG

Best Answer

Yes, still broken in the last update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

But at least we have stupid fitstar options now right? These updates are useless and never address any real issue, just more bloat and crap on the app now. Redirecting me to buy FitStar, now I have to look at this stupid tab which I'll never use. I'm not trying to lose weight or get in shape, I just want to monitor my activities. The HR graph still does not update, almost 6 months this has been like this for me. I've even upgraded from the Charge, Charge 2 and now the Blaze all do the same thing. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. How do I turn off the app please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

You have to manually delete your Fitbit app from your phone and reload it again. Once you have re-initialise the app all the missing data should re-appear. Be aware this will not fix the problem going forward - it is likely the data will still go missing and you will need to repeat this temporary manually  fix every time you want to see the missing data - extremely annoying!

Best Answer

No need to delete .... just sync and close / restart the app 2 or 3 times.

also very annoying 😬

Best Answer
0 Votes