Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Heart Rate Not Updating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 3/3/17

This issue should be released with the release of Fitbit iOS App version 2.33. Click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store to update.

Fitbit Update 10/26

Some users are reporting that the heart rate graph on the iOS App is not loading even post sync, this is a known issue that our team is actively working to fix.

Force quitting and reopening the App has been a successful workaround for a lot of iOS users experiencing this issue on the Community, and I would recommend it until a long-term fix is implemented.

Since this is an App-related issue, you should also be able to see your heart rate on your Fitbit.com dashboard as well.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
137 REPLIES 137

Thanks Pamela. I did the same, I unloaded and reloaded the app, set up my fitbit again as a new devise and the data re-appeared on the iPhone dashboard and all the missing data popped up.

For me this fix only worked for less then a few hours. Later the same day the data was missing again and not showing on the graphs. I can see the data if I log out and back in every time I want to see the latest data but otherwise chuncks of heart rate data is still missing every day.

I would be very interested to see if yours works perfectly from this point on or you will need to re-set your dashboard each time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Exactly our experience! As they say it's a work around but hardly
satisfactory

Paul & Juanita Marshall
Best Answer

Latest update from the support team - 

"Thanks for letting us know about this issue.

Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

We're sorry for any inconvenience it's caused. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we may do to assist you in the meantime.

Sincerely,
Davidson C. and the Fitbit Team"

i have no words to describe how disappointed and dissatisfied I am with fitbit 😠 

Best Answer

Lol ... they copy paste that answer ... I had the same response (twice)

Best Answer

This is also the only answer I get from Fitbit Support.  How about something like, "After months of work we have finally isolated the bug and expect to issue an emergency bug fix tomorrow."   But wait, wait I am living in la-la land. 

Best Answer

Same problem and it has been going on for months

Best Answer

This has been a an issue for me as well.  Derrick's suggestion, although just a work-around, allows the Heart Rate to refresh correctly.

Best Answer

I am aware of the work around which means everytime you want to look at your current Heartrate and its trend you have to log off anf log on the app. This will need to be done at least once a day or multiple times depedning on your needs. This issue for me only just occured in the last month out of the blue.

If this has been an issue for a portion of the Fitbit user base for well over 6 months or more.. I find it reckless to be rolling out a new Fitbit model (Charge 2) which also claims to track Heart Rate as one of it core basic function. If I had know there was an existing issue with the sortware I would have NEVER upgraded to the Charge 2 from my Fitbit HR late last year. Now the unit is less than 4 months old and it is not performing according to it specifications. I was a dedicated Fitbit user and LOVED the simplicity of it - all I wanted was a tracker that works 100%.

As of 3 days ago I am now a reluctant owner of a new Apple Watch and the Fitbit Charge 2 is going to the bin. RIP Fitbit! 

Best Answer

After the run around I have gotten from Fitbit Support and after months of waiting for what would seem at least to me a fairly simple fix, I am also seriously considering junking my Fitbit Charge HR in favor of an Apple iWatch.  As has been pointed out by several angry users in this forum why is Fitbit releasing new features and products when a fundamental, and promised, feature simply does not work?

Best Answer

I gave up on it. I tried the Apple Watch but I didn't like it and returned it. Now I have a garmin Vivosmart hr and I like it. It does everything the Fitbit hr and even more things. It's about 30 cheaper too 

Best Answer

For what I wanted in a fitness tracker the Apple Watch is an overkill for sure, just to monitor my activity, HR and sleep cycle it took me a while to find a couple of apps that would do what the fitbit dashboard does in one simple place. But I am slowly getting used to all the additiona features of the watch and I guess I will stick with it for a while. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Santacruztom is spot in. It's an irritation but resolved in a few seconds. A real bug would be if the data was not being recorded - it's all there just not showing on a graph. Double click and swipe up to quit the app then open it again. Graph is back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sure and then there are a bunch of other issues that you need to restart the app ... ending with an app i have to restart all day.

And if this is a difficult or new bug ... sure i agree ... but this is easily fixable and reported for months and months.

Best Answer

@l4urence wrote:

A real bug would be ...

So you consider this to be ok , for a simple graph update i need tot close the app !?

Best Answer

And with todays 2.32 ...

Still NOT solved !!

Best Answer

*bug fixes and performance improvements .... 🙂

Best Answer

I'm not saying it's ok at all. I am simply stating that the data is there you just can't see it in the graph until you quit the app and restart it. The restart workaround takes seconds and is at least a way around the problem while we wait for a graph fix. If the data was missing then I would be with you and complaining with great gusto and fervour!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am actually having the opposite issue.  My graph is updating and syncing but my current heart rate is not displaying in the app.  It displays on my tracker but the app just says --.  It will display my resting heart rate at first.  I might add that I just upgraded my Charge HR to a Charge 2.  I have had the Charge 2 syncing for two days but it never has shown my heart rate.  I have tried rebooting the tracker, uninstalling the app, and anything else I have seen on here.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

AprilGG. I'm thinking the change of device needs to be resynced to the app. At the top of the app select the device and confirm it is the charge 2 and not still the charge HR. I can only suggest you remove the device (bottom of the device screen) and then pair it again to the app). Good Luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

2.32.1. NOT solved 😳😢

Best Answer