Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Lost steps when syncing multiple trackers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

6/14 Update: This issue should now be resolved. If you previously unpaired a secondary tracker, we encourage you to pair it back to your account and resume using multiple devices.

Thanks everyone for your assistance with investigation, as well as your patience while we worked to get this corrected.

We are aware that some customers are seeing a decrease in steps when syncing with multiple trackers. Our team is investigating this situation, and working to ensure that multiple trackers on a single account are able to sync without issue.

If this has affected you, we recommend having only a single tracker paired to your account until it is resolved. We will update this thread when we have an update.

Apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience!

Best Answer
164 REPLIES 164

Same problem with trying to sync both a Charge 2 and Flex 2.  In the mobile app if a day's step total is shown in full screen mode all hourly step totals and the daily step total at the top of the screen shows accurately.  However, the summary step total and the weekly graph only show the step total for the Charge 2.  This messes everything up.  Come on Fitbit - you broke it - GET IT FIXED.

Best Answer

I have two Fitbits, the Charge HR for working out and the Flex for normal day-to-day things.  For the past week, I will sync everything before I go to bed but when I wake up, the app only shows the steps/data from when I wore the Charge even though all the steps were there from both the Charge and Flex before I went to bed.  I don't know if this is a Charge, Flex, or app issue.  I tried asking the Fitbit but they couldn't figure out what was wrong.  Anyone else having this issue with missing steps the next day?  Has anyone found any solutions?

Best Answer

I agree they first try to blame it on me. However, I had spoken to customer service for 50 minutes last week and they never got past blaming, so I hope this is a good sign. Does anyone from Fitbit read these posts?

I hope they are not ignoring this. Everyone with 2 trackers is having a problem. They need to fix it soon for me. I recently purchased my charge 2 to replace the charge hr and if they don't fix it, I will return the charge 2. No point in having 2 trackers if you can't use both

Best Answer

Same here. 

Lost steps nearly 8000 steps today and Monday 😕

I can see the steps on the steps screen so have added them manually but they don't show on leaderboard or in the weekly challenge board. 

Very frustrating.

hope it gets sorted soon...

Best Answer

Another one checking in here (at least I am glad it's not just me).

Flex and charge hr 2.  I also wear an apple watch and don't want to double wrist in the sunny weather, so wear the flex when out and about discretely. I've lost day's worth of steps on Monday when this used to work flawlessly.

I've tried having the flex sync on the same account but a different phone.  This doesn't help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a HR and Charge 2. I have been wearing my HR since Monday. On Monday I had 10,652 steps and when I synced my count dropped to 4,153. Tuesday my step count was 12,717 and it was unchanged after syncing. Wednesday I had 5,437 steps synced and charged my HR. I put on my Charge 2 and when I synced my steps went down to 1,100. I have never had issue syncing and switching between my two trackers. There is an obvious glitch as I have had my 2 trackers and never have lost steps. I purchased my Charge 2 on 2/16/17 and this is the first time I have had this happen. But Monday I only wore my HR. Please fix the glitch!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I am also having this problem ! Thanks for the confirmation . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, Fitbit.... It did it again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Appears to be an iOS only issue.  I've moved both trackers over to my Windows 10 mobile and it's back to working OK.  I've got the charge 2 as the "primary device" and the flex as a secondary.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Max52 @EFD1976 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I moved your post to this thread as we are compiling all data possible regarding this situation.

We are aware that some customers are seeing a decrease in steps when syncing multiple devices. Check this post for more details.

Thanks for your patience. See you around!

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem too flex 2, charge 2, android app and samsung edge 7.

Lost 14k+ steps yesterday and missed out on the cleat shoe badge and lost a challenge......i purposely went out on a cold very wet dark night to up my average step count, win a challenge and gain a badge. So I'm understandable annoyed.......manually adding is not a solution because although it looks good on the app it doesn't count for any of the above. Please fix it quickly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is still a problem 6/8/17.  I'm about to throw my effing Fitbits out the window. Between having to send back 3 aria scales that 1)arrived DOA or stopped syncing a month after they worked fine, I'm thinking there's better products out there.

I'm an idiot for having bought fitbits and aria scales for 7 people (3rd one for myself).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem, but with mobile track and charge HR. Frustrating to loose steps while doing a challenge where I lose my money if I don't meet my goal based on the FitBit app. Please fix!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, noticed the same issue with mobile track and my charge 2 - any idea when this will be fixed?

Thanks

H

Best Answer
0 Votes

This showed I had active minutes. What it doesn't show is I had 4500 steps. When I entered it and hit done it went back to 3500 steps and took away all the active minutes I had for minutes I walked. I have had this fit bit almost a year this just started happening over the last two weeksThis showed I had active minutes. What it doesn't show is I had 4500 steps. When I entered it and hit done it went back to 3500 steps and took away all the active minutes I had for minutes I walked. I have had this fit bit almost a year this just started happening over the last two weeks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also had this happen today. The Charge 2 overwrote the Alta HR. I lost almost 10,000 steps and just went from winning a challenge to losing it. I worked extremely hard this week to win that challenge and I am VERY upset!

Best Answer
Yes this is a mess . I've bought 4 Fitbit's in total in the last 3 years , and now this problem with the trackers is another issue . I hope Fitbit sort it soon.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have the exact same problem with my charge 2 and flex 2, but on the android app. There was an update a few days ago that said "bug fix", but nothing changed. I work in a fish farm, so using only the charge 2 is not an option. And the flex 2 doesn't track floors climbed or my sleep as detailed as I would like, so I need the charge 2 for that. Please get this fixed ASAP, fitbit. 

Also, the same update that messed up the syncing took away the option to switch to the old dashboard. Can we have this back, please? Otherwise make all the stats (active hours, sleep data, exercise etc) follow the day when you look back through previous days. Now it only shows data for the current day, and I have to click on each category to see stats for previous days

Best Answer

When I originally brought this issue up to Fitbit customer service, I did it via the phone and followed up via Twitter. I have no received any meaningful response at all. Fine, I deduced from what others posted and what Fibtit moderators said here that Fitbit is working on the problem.

Today I received a message from Fitbit Twitter Support account asking me to rate my experience. For real?

1. The problem is not solved.

2. Fitbit engineers seem to be having a mental block on how to fix it.

3. Fitbit customer service thinks they need to be rated 

4. Fitbit continues false advertising of the multi-tracker functionality.

I am more upset at the way the customer service is handling this than the issue itself. If they got back to us and said "Gee, we messed up, we introduced a bug, we are working on a fix, but it will take 2 weeks. Bear with us." that would've been fine. 

Instead, we get nonsensical customer service responses, no ETA, and every indication that Fitbit developers seem to be having a mental block on how to solve the problem.

@MatthewFitbit, do we have an ETA yet ? If not, I am a software engineer myself. Allow me to offer consulting services. Perhaps I can help unblock.

Best Answer

When is this problem going to be fixed?

Best Answer