Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Lost steps when syncing multiple trackers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

6/14 Update: This issue should now be resolved. If you previously unpaired a secondary tracker, we encourage you to pair it back to your account and resume using multiple devices.

Thanks everyone for your assistance with investigation, as well as your patience while we worked to get this corrected.

We are aware that some customers are seeing a decrease in steps when syncing with multiple trackers. Our team is investigating this situation, and working to ensure that multiple trackers on a single account are able to sync without issue.

If this has affected you, we recommend having only a single tracker paired to your account until it is resolved. We will update this thread when we have an update.

Apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience!

Best Answer
164 REPLIES 164

So I have a Charge 2 & an Alta. Fitbit says over & over again that we're now able to use two trackers and syncing will be fine & it has been for me since January, until this week. 

I always wear just one tracker at a time, and sometimes switch them out during the day. Whichever one is not worn is sitting in my desk drawer. On Wednesday I wore my Charge 2 for most of the day, synced, then put on my Alta. While wearing my Alta & out for a walk I got the vibrations (and checked the screen) that I reached 10,000 steps for the day & hit my goal. I came home, synced, and it tells me I only have 9,00 steps. It synced all my Alta data while I was wearing it except for the 30 minutes while I was on the walk & hit my goal. I did a reset (3 times) on both my Alta & Charge 2. 

Then yesterday I didn't touch my Alta all day. It was in it's drawer where it's supposed to be when not worn. I wore my Charge 2 all day. At 4:15pm I went on a short walk, then at 5:15pm on my Charge 2 I tracked an exercise. When I was finished I wanted to see my stats. All the info was there for my workout (all accurate too), steps showing just fine, BUT.... it also says I was asleep from 4:15-5:45pm? How can I be asleep while I'm tracking an exercise? I go back an hour later into the app, and it now says I've been asleep from 4:15-6:45pm?????

I go on chat support. And their only "solution" is that since the Alta isn't turned off (THERE IS NO WAY TO TURN IT OFF) it thinks I'm asleep & is syncing that to the app. If that's the case, wouldn't is say I'm always sleeping? Why haven't I gotten "double stats" for the past 3 months?  What's the point of having two trackers if one's going to think I'm always asleep? Actually the chat support guy did have another solution; have a "family member" stop messing with my tracker. Thanks, but at the time my husband was out and my dog was with me while I was exercising... so unless I have a ghost in the house... 

Anyone else have two trackers & seeing syncing issues? Is this a known bug with the newest update? 

Best Answer

Hello @dtalksall! Thanks for coming in to mention all of this.

The part that specifically peaks my interest is that you used both trackers already and this didn't happen, until now. My suggestion would be to look if the 'All-Day Sync' feature is turned on. If it is, let's turn it off. That way it would prevent the trackers from syncing on their own and thus there would be no information overlap like that. You can check if it is on by following these steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app and then tap on the account tab.
  2. Tap on your Fitbit Alta and look for the All-Day Sync option.
  3. Toggle it off.

Now it should only sync when you manually sync it, that way the tracker shouldn't be uploading information on its own.

Having said that, I would be very interested in doing some testing on the Alta. Perhaps we could try placing it on a different place when it is not being used to see if it tracks sleep incorrectly on other locations.

Let me know how it goes, please! 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit 

I appreciate your help, but I've always had all day sync turned on for both trackers & never had an issue. I'm not going to turn off all day sync, I know I'm going to forget to sync & end up loading data anyways. 

Since ive never had an issue before (and haven't changed my routine while switching between two trackers), it means there's a bug with the latest update & it needs fixing. 

Fitbit says they now support multiple trackers on one account, and they did... up until last week. 

Best Answer

Hey @dtalksall!

I definitely understand where you are coming from, however the only workaround would be to turn that feature off for one of the trackers to prevent them from overlapping in the way described previously. 

If you do try that, please let me know how it goes.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit But I never had an issue in the past. & it only glitched a handful of times. 

If I turn all day sync off, then I won't remember to sync them. 

Best Answer

Hey @dtalksall!

I absolutely understand where you are coming from. At this exact moment, I am not able to give you a permanent solution or more details on the matter.

Our team is now aware of the situation and whenever we get any updates we will be sure to let everyone know. For the time being, the workaround I mentioned seems like the best option. Perhaps there is something you could do to remind yourself to sync? Leave yourself a little note on a table or on your phone?

Thanks for your patience on the matter. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello ! I have EXACTLY the same problem with a Flex2 and a Alta. And yes, it's due to the last update of the app. 

I tryed to sync manually but it doesn't works either !!

So please, FITBIT, can you fix that ?

Thanks a lot

Best Answer

Thanks for stepping into the Forums @Alicia7945!

We appreciate your time and thoughts on the matter. Please know that as soon as we have any details on the matter, we will be letting everyone know.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been walking around all day, less than an hour ago, I had well over 8,000 steps. And now, I only have 3,000. I was very very careful to keep both of my trackers at the proper step amount, and now they're all gone. But the hourly break down is correct - totaling well over 3,000. What is going on? Other than just stepping all of those steps back, is there something I can do to get those back? SOS

Best Answer

To be exact I should have had 8717 steps and my trackers/app were only reporting 4013.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@evrapkoch wrote:

To be exact I should have had 8717 steps and my trackers/app were only reporting 4013.

I have been having the same problem since about 2:40 pm. Called Fitbit and they said they are having a problem.  Not sure what will happen to the lost steps. Mine is actually gone down from when o last synced. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ugh. So annoying. I'm just kind of glad I'm not the only one with this problem. Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate your sharing. This has happened to me 2 days in a row. 

Best Answer

Same here. 

Best Answer

I've been having trouble with my hourly count. I know I have been getting the hourly minimum and it shows on my Blaze but it is missing on my iPhone and my computer dashboard. Very frustrating. The total count  syncs the same on all three devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_6256.PNG

IMG_6257.PNG

These screen shots were both just taken. I should be >14000 steps. It just dropped down all of the sudden.  Tried restarting everything to no avail. 

Best Answer

I have Flex 2 and Charge 2. I like to wear flex 2 during the day, and charge 2 when I exercise and sleep. This entire last week my data has been getting corrupted. Allow me to describe.

In the morning my Charge 2 shows 200 steps. I plug it into the charger, put my flex 2 on and go to work. By end of day I have, say, 9500 steps on Flex 2. As soon as I walk into the house and get anywhere near Charge 2, my count drops back to 200 and there is nothing I can do to fix that. I have been losing the challenges all week, and more important is the health insurance syncing with my Fitbit data that I need accurate.

This behavior started this week. Is there anything I can do to work around?

Best Answer

I use both trackers for the same reason, and am experiencing the same problem. Don't tell me to sync before I switch because I'm already careful to do that and it was working fine even though I wish I didn't have to always switch at home. It's very frustrating because I stuck with Fitbit even though I switched to the Apple Watch at work to set timers and reminders by voice quickly. Essentially I wear two trackers because Fitbit won't sync with Apple, now it won't sync with itself! Please add a feature that lets us pick the active tracker if two have recorded data.

Best Answer

This worked very well for a while and broke this week. If multiple trackers per device can't be supported anymore I am ditching Fitbit.

Best Answer