Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Lost steps when syncing multiple trackers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

6/14 Update: This issue should now be resolved. If you previously unpaired a secondary tracker, we encourage you to pair it back to your account and resume using multiple devices.

Thanks everyone for your assistance with investigation, as well as your patience while we worked to get this corrected.

We are aware that some customers are seeing a decrease in steps when syncing with multiple trackers. Our team is investigating this situation, and working to ensure that multiple trackers on a single account are able to sync without issue.

If this has affected you, we recommend having only a single tracker paired to your account until it is resolved. We will update this thread when we have an update.

Apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience!

Best Answer
164 REPLIES 164

@olegdulin, I did not expect a fix in this case from Customer Support, but thought it was importantvto report it to them so the issue could be recognised,  They do their best, but they are not always aware of current issues,

I appreciate your impatience... All I can say is, this is a new problem, and, as such, I would expect (and hope) it to be temporary.  I used to do exactly what you want -- wear the Charge 2 for workouts and bed and the Flex 2 day to day and it worked perfectly.

It is only the last few days that this new issue has arisen. 

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

I am having the same problem and just spent an hour chatting and talking to three different reps and the supervisor finally admitted they have a problem. This came after the first two told me it was something I was doing. Hopefully this is going to be fixed.

Best Answer

It's not your problem, it's Fitbits. There are lot of us who have used multiple trackers for some time with no problem until this week. They need to issue an update to the latest app version.  Something has gone wrong in their algorithm.   I've reproduced the problem several times weekend with my trackers 100 yards apart when I sync and the steps from my Charge HR will overwrite steps from my Alta, flex 2, or the mobile track every time instead of combining.  Here's hoping enough people complain to support that they fix it. 

Best Answer

I have the same (recent) problem with a Charge 2 and Flex (1)

Best Answer

@Dion_C wrote:

I am having the same problem and just spent an hour chatting and talking to three different reps and the supervisor finally admitted they have a problem. This came after the first two told me it was something I was doing. Hopefully this is going to be fixed.

Thank you for doing this, and to the Community here, whoever that is spending time with Fitbit trying to resolve this. I would contribute my part too if not for the fact that I am in Singapore and there's no Fitbit office/technical call help here. Thank you!

I am very upset that I am now no longer able to use my Charge and Flex simultaneously, hopefully for the time being. 

Best Answer

I reported, I spent almost an hour with them on the phone yesterday and they weren't able to help me, I lost 13k steps yesterday, I have two trackers and like you said they were working fine like a week ago, so frustrating. I had to quit all the challenges that I was on, and got so mad that I deleted one of the Fitbit from the application. Thank you so much for spending your time on this and trying to get and answer from Fitbit on what the issue is! Thank you!

Best Answer

Same thing  is happening to me and it also started this week.  I have  A charge HR and a flex 2. I use my charge HR during the day, but in the evening I use my flex 2 because I am around water. I have been using 2 trackers for almost two years now and have not had a problem until now.  I just came home from swimming for two hours. Had 11,000 steps when I switched trackers (switched from the charge to the flex). When I got finished swimming I had 25,987. When I walked into my house charge took over and dropped my steps back to 11,000. You do not lose your activity minutes or your hours with 250+ steps. Also you still get a message from FB saying overachiever! You're 15,987 steps over your daily goal. Called them yesterday and got the same run a round as you got. I am using an iPhone.

Best Answer

Same problem here. Their support team is a disaster.

Best Answer

Almost the EXACT same thing happened to me to day with the original flex and Charge HR. Except I synced before returning home and it momentarily showed the correct data, before almost immediately overwriting it with the old data. So frustrated.

Best Answer

I can report same issue started last Thursday.... charge2 at night and workout, flex2 during day.  When I came home and was near the charge2, it overrode the activity from the flex2. Had worked flawlessly since last fall when I set them both up. 

Best Answer

Yes, I am using Flex 2 simultaneously with a Charge 2.

On the same subject, I read that one of the possible causes for this is due to the Flex 2 battery being completely dead.  Yes, I did have the battery totally dead the one and only time (on a Friday night).  On Sat morning, when I charge the dead Flex, I notice that that's when the problem starts - in that my steps for Fri were not recorded. On top of that my steps from same week Mon to Thursday were also deleted.

So, how does this then explains the time line:

Battery went dead on a Friday night

Friday's steps on Flex 2 were not recorded

Flex 2 steps from same week Monday to Thursday, which were captured on dashboard (stars awarded as I achieved 10k) were simultaneously also deleted, leaving the steps taken only by my Charge (in the mornings and in the evenings after work).

I hope I am making my scenario clear.  Just some feedback which I hope Customer Support can pick up and clear the bug.

Best Answer

I have the Charge HR, (only one tracker) which is a piece of junk- I am looking at my options to upgrade, which is why I hopped on this thread.  I have been using the APP only to track my running (with iPhone). I moved to the Garmin watch after requesting my 4th  replacements on the HR model.

I noticed issues beginning Tuesday morning with losing my steps. I am not sure if they pushed out some update or what- but as soon as the phone synced to the tracker it zapped all of my steps on the APP. I called two times *Friday night and Saturday -about this with no real resolution.  

After my first call they reassured me the issue is fixed something about the maps?? Then on Saturday, I was told my call did not get logged and they manually entered my walk which gave me steps.. SO that meant their fix was a band-aid to the real issue.   Also on Saturday I was told I just need to wear the tracker, which had never been an issue for the last few months! I mean I used the App only for a half-marathon and those steps are still showing. 

Unless I want to manually re-log my distance, I am not getting any credit for steps.. I too lost 2K steps with my run Saturday morning.  I saw it logged 14K steps, then later when I had to manually add it, it said 12K. 

Reading the current issues makes me leary in the purchase of any trackers by Fitbit..

I truly hope they figure out the disconnect with the dashboard app and trackers. 

Best Answer

I have been taking a screen shot of my  Dashboard before I change trackers and then before I get near my HR I take another screenshot that's how I know how many steps I've missed out on.  I am recovering from a shattered ankle so I am doing a lot of swimming, so I like getting credit for that two hours in the water.  My two plus hours of non-stop swimming (  including bike ride to the pool) can gain me about 10,000 steps.  Yes, I can manually enter the lost out steps but they do not count in challenges. I guess I will be wearing the flex to for a while until this problem is solved which upsets me because I'd like to see how many sets of steps I climbed during the day.  And it's very inconvenient to take out my phone to see how many steps I've got so far while at work.

I was out of town for 10 days and only took my charge with me. My flex did go dead and I did lose all the  steps previously recorded on other days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly what I have - Charge 2 and Flex 2.

Exactly what I am facing - Charge 2 will override Flex 2 steps data.

Eactly, very frustrating, very angry, and very disappointed with FitBit!!!

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue with charge 2 and flex 2

It was working perfectly and this weekend it stopped

I have tried manual syncs - uninstalling app - unhooking and relooking devices - resetting charge 2

making sure they are both sync in the morning - syncing from miles away from each other -

In my case it seems to be my charge 2 -- if I wear my flex all day and sync it then when I get around my charge 2 and my app syncs I lose all my flex steps and end up with my 100 or so charge steps - whatever the amount was when I sync first thing in the morning - I feel my only option at this point is to remove whichever one I am not using for they day -- they forces my to pick and stay with whatever fit I want for the whole day --- please please fix this issue - when it was working it was awesome !

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit this is not an acceptable workaround.

There is a ton of people reporting this problem that started last week, including myself, yet all the workarounds are offered create a huge inconvenience for people. All Day Sync has worked up until latest app update. You can even find the bad reviews on the Apple App Store.

Your workaround contradicts this article: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1715

Please stop frustrating Fitbit customers even further with your non-solutions. You have a software problem -- fix it, and fix it soon. And please find a way to restore lost steps for people. Many of us rely on corporate fitness programs to reduce healthcare costs and we are missing steps.

Because if it is not fixed soon, the main reason I stuck with fitbit was ability to use multiple trackers without jumping through hoops is not there. Fitbit is not in a position to alienate customers by any means.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Moderator,

what everyone is is saying is a fact. The problem is your latest update.  Do some field testing on your own and you will see it.  With multiple trackers the one with more functions now overwrites the lower function model.  I have tested this numerous times this weekend with my Charge HR, Alta, and Flex 2.  You can sync your Fitbit 100 yards apart from the other one stored in a metal box and steps will overwrite when the "higher" model syncs.   All started when I updated the app this week.  Roll back the update!  

Best Answer

Oh and this just effects steps -- calories -- sleep-activity -- they all sync correctly 

Best Answer
0 Votes

They need to fix this ASAP, because of the trackers are not trustworthy they are useless 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had this same issue for the last 4 days. My dash will say I have 10k steps and I go and sync and it's picking up another Fitbit that's at the other end of my house, that apparently hadn't synced since the morning. So it brought my total down to 300. In the 3 yrs that I've used FB with multiple trackers, it has never deducted dashboard and my FB trackers steps. I called CS they said its user error because I have multiple trackers ? Really? I thought FB says it's ok to have multiple set up. They also say that the one your wearing is the one that is detected when you are synching. Not true for me these past 4 days. I'm furious 😬

Best Answer
0 Votes