Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Lost steps when syncing multiple trackers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

6/14 Update: This issue should now be resolved. If you previously unpaired a secondary tracker, we encourage you to pair it back to your account and resume using multiple devices.

Thanks everyone for your assistance with investigation, as well as your patience while we worked to get this corrected.

We are aware that some customers are seeing a decrease in steps when syncing with multiple trackers. Our team is investigating this situation, and working to ensure that multiple trackers on a single account are able to sync without issue.

If this has affected you, we recommend having only a single tracker paired to your account until it is resolved. We will update this thread when we have an update.

Apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience!

Best Answer
164 REPLIES 164

Hello @olegdulin@lsamples and @Psruss. Welcome to the Forums @ActiveWoman11 abd @Jillsy80!

We truly appreciate all the feedback and the time you are taking out of your days to let us know about this.

@olegdulin I completely understand that our help site indicates that more than once Fitbit can be used in the same account. Our commitment to that statement has not  gone away or diminished. The current situation happening with two trackers on the same account is an issue that our team is aware of. 

At this moment, we do not have any specific solution that we could share only workaround like, temporarily, removing one of the trackers from the account in order to avoid any loss in steps. While it is certainly not optimal for users who depend or like to use two trackers, it is a way to prevent those important steps that are going missing.

Whenever we have any updates or solution on the matter we will be absolutely sure to let everyone know.

Thanks for your understanding and your patience. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I was pulling my hair out recently as my blaze stopped syncing with the App... 

I had manually changed the time on my phone to make sure I wasn't late for meetings. As soon as I reset the time to 'Automatic' the sync reconnected! 

Not or the solution for everyone but might be helpful 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem with my charge 2. Working fine until the update now it doesn't sync and I only have this Fitbit. So it's definitely a Fitbit software issue. Please fix this asap as it is extremely frustrating! 

Best Answer

I'm having exactly the same problem with my charge hr & Alta hr, my steps literally disappear in front of my eyes after I change over trackers. I sync first as advised before changing. I've just bought the Alta because it looks nicer for everyday wear so wanted to alternate when exercising but feel like I've just wasted £130!!! I turned off all day sync on the charge as was advised to somebody else on this link but noticed it turned off both tracker, it won't let me turn one off & keep one on, it's either on for both or off for both!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried to toggle one tracker off & one on as suggested but it doesn't work for me, it automatically toggles off both! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a similar problem and all day syncing is turned off. This is a new problem. Need a fix asap

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same problem- started today. Had water class tonight and used flex 2 all day. Had approx 7500 steps per phone dashboard.  Yesterday I used my charge 2- it correctly logged my steps at over 11k. Went to bed shortly after midnight - I had less than 100 steps on the charge 2 when I took it off before bed. This morning, put on the flex2 and it logged my steps as noted above. Synched after I left gym (all was still good). Got home, synched again and dashboard is showing only129 steps for the day. That is the number displayed on my charge 2. Called customer service- was on for sometime. Tech had my restart both chargers and we were disconnected somehow after being on for about 20 minutes. Tech did not make me aware this was a known issue. The dashboard at fitbit.com also showing 129 steps, however the hourly step display shows all of the approx 7500 steps for the day.I have been using both trackers without issue since January on same account. Something is wrong in the software.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is getting very frustrating. I wear my Charge to workout and my Flex for everyday use. I'm not going to switch to using just one. This was working for the past year or more so there is obviously a way to make it work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my Flex 2 and Charge 2. I have done all of the help steps but my Charge overrides all of the steps I took while wearing my Flex 2. I was winning a Goal Day challenge and it overrode my steps so I didn't even meet my goal! Plus it messed up my workweek hustle! So frustrating! I hope there is a fix soon. Otherwise I will be taking back my Flex2. 

Best Answer

I called yesterday and I was told that the specific call center had not heard of anything about it, but the agent contacted someone above them and they said that the new update (for iOS only) has messed up with multiple trackers giving preference to the tracker with the lowest number of steps. The headquarters is working on a solution as fast as they can. They told me the best option was to choose one Fitbit for the time being and then turn the others all day sync off. I tried that (choosing to use my flex2) and it worked all day until I walked past my Alta and it synced and I magically only have 82 steps (previously had more than 10 thousand.) I have now told my Fitbit account to forget my Alta, lets see if that works tomorrow....  This is so frustrating...

Best Answer

I heard back from Fitbit Support today and the response I received is as below. I guess I have no other choice but to wait things out by only wearing my Charge 2 for the time-being. I will not temporarily delete my Alta HR & Flex 2 (while not in use) off my account either, so that they can continue to get updated with whatever steps / activities I clock on my Charge 2. I see no other way than to practise much-needed patience till they figure out how to rectify this frustrating issue. I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed that the solution will come soon.

"Hi Geraldine, We are happy to help you with the syncing issue of your Charge 2, Alta HR and Flex 2, and we also appreciate that you’ve done troubleshooting prior to reaching out to us. Upon review, your Charge 2 last synced today at 1:57 AM with 90% battery, with 165 steps recorded. We also noticed that the Alta HR and the Flex 2 isn’t in use. After careful investigation, we've found out similar reports and we have escalated the issue to our engineering team. Rest assured that our development team is working to fix these issues as quickly as possible. For the meantime, we suggest that you continue using your Charge 2 to ensure that you get credit for the steps that you’ve worked hard for. We know how important your steps are for you, and we apologize for the inconvenience and frustration you’ve experienced. While we are unable to provide a timeline for resolution, we will continue to investigate these discrepancies.We appreciate your patience while we resolve the issue. Should you have other questions or concerns, feel free to contact us, we’re glad to assist. Sincerely, Raine A. and the Fitbit Team"

Best Answer

I spent an extended amount of time on a live chat with Fitbit last night. They finally admitted it is a bug they are working on correcting

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue after last iOs app update and I'm using only one tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I already removed Flex 2 from my account. If this happens with just Charge 2 for me I am ditching Fitbit. 

Best Answer

@maureenv2 I feel like that's their typical response to everything. Whenever I chat with them, it starts off as being my fault, something I'm doing is causing whatever the problem is. After a while of trouble shooting, they give up & say "oh it's a bug, we are aware of it, anything else I can help you with today?"?!?! I wonder if they even take note of these "bugs" and try to fix them. Or if it's just a way for them to end the conversation & move on to the next problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tweeted and email Fitbit support now and I've had replies from both that they are looking into it and are aware it's an issue. 

Can I suggest that you all email/tweet them? I've sent them screenshots too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having this problem.  I have emailed and have phoned them today.  The conversation I had, didn't fill me with confidence that this would be resolved.

I have a Charge hr, Charge 2 and bought an Alta hr last week.  I gave the Charge hr to my husband who has luckily for me, given it back. He also has a surge.

The issue is between the Charge 2 and Alta hr.  

It's the same problem with losing data.

The funny thing is the data syncing between the Charge 2 and Charge hr is still working correctly even with  adding the Charge hr back onto my Fitbit dashboard yesterday.  It just doesn't work with the Alta hr.  I'm back wearing my Charge 2, with my Charge hr as back up.

As there is no guarantee that the problem will be resolved, the Alta hr is going back today.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG, I am having the SAME ISSUES.  I have a Charge2 and Flex.  I usually wear my flex to work out and around the house.  I wear my Charge2 all other times.  I spoke to FitBit Customer Care 3 times.  It was explained to me that the Charge2 overrides the Flex when syncing because the Charge2 has more features.  It just started doing this over the weekend.  Of course I did all the troubleshooting. 

I asked her if the issue would be solved and she said they are still trying to figure out how to rectify the problem.  Her only advise was the sync the Charge2 one day and then the Flex the next day.  She also advised to make sure the trackers are not near each other. 

It is extremely frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called for the 3rd time today about this issue.  And I will keep calling... and calling... and calling Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here!! Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes