Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Versa fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit Versa had it for 12 months and 2 weeks, then it stopped working. Battery drains within minutes. I tried the chat line and they directed me through the trouble shooting. Tried it for another week and again battery draining within minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Barrod 

Sorry your having trouble. 

Have you restarted the Versa already by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen? This may correct the issue.

If so, I would like to suggest you the following to maximize the battery on your watch: (I hate that you might have to do any of these because we buy a Fitbit that is supposed to handle all this but it’s worth a shot)

• Remove any alarms you're not currently using. Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage.
  • Since Quick View causes the screen to light up whenever you turn your wrist towards you, turning this setting off may prolong battery life. When Quick View is off, press the button to see your stats.
  • If you’re syncing with an Android device, the Always Connected option may reduce battery life.
  • Charging your tracker in extreme heat or cold may reduce battery life.
  • Lower the screen brightness and backlight delay in the Versa settings. 

Ive seen this problem chatted about a lot in this forum and like you it all seemed to occur after the big update. If none of the above suggestions don’t work I would again reach out to Fitbit Customer Service. Before the update it was super easy to call them and get help. I’m afraid they are swamped for sure at the moment.

i hope some of the suggestions give you a solution to your issue. Please let me know. 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi thank you for the tips on trying to fix my Versa Fitbit, I was given similar instructions from the Fitbit chat line, but I decided to follow the step by step instructions you had suggested anyway. Unfortunately  even though it was again fully charged, as soon as I started wearing it again the battery was completely drained within the hour. So this was Fitbit number 3 for me and I can’t afford to keep buying new ones every year. 

I appreciate your tips but they didn’t work .

Thanks 

Barb

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh @Barrod  how terribly awful you have had to get three Fitbit’s! My only suggestion would be to call Fitbit Customer Service again and tell them what’s going on, the steps you have taken to rectify the issue and ask them to make a case number for a battery test to show your Fitbit is most likely defective. They can offer a replacement battery, a discount on another Fitbit or offer you even a complete refund depending on your issue and warranty guidelines. It worth a shot to try. Good luck to you

Best Answer
0 Votes