Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same data for consecutive days

On my Versa 2 the app has recently started shown the same data for consecutive days. Shows 7034 steps today, 7034 steps yesterday &  7035 steps Monday. The previous days are correct. If I close & restart app it sorts out, but after an hour or so problem back again.

On line chat support say restart app (which I’d told home I already had), resrtatt phone, turn off Bluetooth & repair, delete app & reinstall then setup again. Done all that but doesn’t fix.

Anyone else having the problem? Any suggestions?

Best Answer
60 REPLIES 60

Again, my recorded steps are exactly the same for 3 days though I know I’ve done widely different workouts. I have a premium app on an iPhone. 

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Bushmaster. A warm welcome to the community forums.

Thank you for sharing the information about the inconvenience that you have with recording steps. 

While reviewing your information I've been informed that you already contacted the Support Team for further assistance with this. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. Please keep in contact with them and take a look at your inbox. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Luxe all of a sudden is showing the same steps for every day. When I restart my phone and go to the app, it adjusts the steps to the correct ones for each day, but when I leave the app and come back, it shows the same steps again. My phone and the app have the latest updates.

Best Answer

@VikkiH , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your message and efforts. 

Do you have another Fitbit connected/paired to your account?

If so this could explain your situation. 
If you have another Fitbit paired to the account, and it is near your phone, could happened that the other tracker/watch is synced after your synced the Luxe and the data overwrites the one from the Luxe 
In that case, remove the other Fitbit device from your account, or try to have it somewhere distant from the Fitbit app/ your phone. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response. I do not have another Fitbit. Fortunately, the problem fixed itself overnight so all is well again!

Best Answer

@VikkiH , Thank you for your reply! I'm glad that the situation got solved. 

Please visit our discussion forums. There you will find several users who are interested in fitness, healthy eating or better sleep and share lots of tips. They will be happy to meet you there.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

It’s not just you. Mine keeps doing this as does my friends 

Best Answer

Typo - 7034’each day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Oldchap - after you logout of the Fitbit App, did you also swipe off the active window and in Android clear the storage cache and force stop it before restarting the phone and the watch by holding the watch button for 10 seconds till it blanks or vibrates and wait for the logo to appear and for it to start.

Make sure you don't have any othe Fitbit App running on another device or any other watch in use at this time.

Also in the Fitbit App, device page (Connected to) make sure only your watch is connected to your account.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that. The problem is more an annoyance than a major issue as I can resolve temporarily.

If I close the app (swiping up) then reopen everything shows correctly, but after a while it goes back to the same data being shown for 3 days.

There are no apps or devices running, only the watch is connected.

I’ve tried:-

Unpairing Bluetooth

Restarting Fitbit

Restarting iphone

Removing app completely (and deleting all data)

Reinstalling app & setting up again

Seems I’m just going to have to put up with it

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_ Thank you for your help. 

@Oldchap , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank  you for your message. 
It seems that  you might have MobileTrack on.

This feature uses the phone's sensors to count steps. This is for when you have left your Fitbit at home (e.g. while charging). Please make sure MobileTrack is not activated.
It may happen that the steps recorded with the cell phone overwrite those of the Versa 2 .

In the Fitbit app, tap the devices icon (top left corner).
There you will see the devices linked to your account.
If you see the Mobile Device Active option, tap it and remove it from the account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well there was an update to the Fitbit app yesterday - and everything now works fine! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Suddenly, my Fitbit inspire 3 is recording the exact same step count 10,255 and exact same calorie burn EVERY DAY. I know this can’t be true and I would swear that step counts that were different for the past month now almost all read 10,255. What happened? I re-started my Fitbit, deleted my iOS app and reinstalled it… readings are still the same 10,255 for almost every day. Weird. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you actually seeing same step count and on your Inspire 3 every day, or just seeing that on phone app?  Makes a big difference.  If just on phone app, could be a display problem.  Try looking at fitbit.com dashboard.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Going through the same thing, so frustrating!  I’m to the point of returning it.  Never had these issues with my Versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good suggestion. I un-installed the app and when I re-installed it, it seems to have sorted itself out.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KathLovesToRun @sasw1963 , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your reports. 

Does anyone of you have another Fitbit paired to the account or MobileTrack?
To verify this, please tap on the devices icon (top left corner) and you'll see the devices and features with your account. 

If you see mobile device listed there, or similar, you have mobileTrack activ. tap on it and remove this or any other Fitbit device (not in use) from the account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No other Fitbit’s in the house 

Best Answer
0 Votes