Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the iOS app

Why are the sleep scores and data displayed differently? I assume it’s the new ios update, but I preferred the former presentation.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
451 REPLIES 451

Hello @EEElsa and welcome to the Community.  If you are seeing the changes described in this Community Blog post, then you are seeing Fitbit's planned update, one that continues the design changes that started last September.  I'm sorry, but you can't go back to the former layout.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Really disappointed in the new layout op sleep. It misses a lot of information you could see before plus it is really ugly

Best Answer

I came to the forums to check about this visual change as well. I process information much better with colors than I do with simple line graphs, so I am having a lot more trouble reading the new design. I do not find it very accessible. This is quite upsetting as the sleep tracker is the biggest reason I use my Fitbit at all.

Best Answer

Is there any way to get back the old layout? This new layout is much harder to read and interpret. I have to keep a log for my doc b/c of insomnia and so this part of the app is important to me.

I really should stop updating my apps. 

Best Answer

I agree with your assessment of the new sleep layout. I would like to get the old one back as well. 

Best Answer

No message needed see heading, add non functioning activity tracking and you have one dhitty system

Best Answer

I hate the new layout especially for the sleep scorers. I used to get bars/scores for the last 7 days (the old layout), but that's gone. It's now just the current week. Weekly display defaults to Duration, but I always want to view the scores. The old layout had the score attached to the bar; with the new one, you have to estimate based on the useless scale off to the right. They keep moving further and further in the wrong direction. This customer is likely to explore other watch/app options. 

Best Answer

I updated to iOS 4.14.1 yesterday. When I synced my Versa 3 this morning, it showed my sleep data in the new format. Later I opened the app and it showed no data. I went to the today app on my tracker, it showed a sleep score and sleep details, so I logged out of the app, force quit the app, removed the app from my iPhone 7, reinstalled the app, logged in, Checked my sleep starts, still no data, so I deleted the sleep log, manually added my bed time and awake time, then checked for sleep stats, and all the data was repopulated, but in the old format.

I checked the app version, still says 4.14.1. 
So now what??

Best Answer

Oh no, they’ve done it again!! Wrecked the Sleep Data part of the app!! It was way easier to see info at a glance before, and to edit. But now, its just complicated and ugly! I am over it!! You would think updates would mean improvement, but no!! 

Best Answer

Agree very cumbersome. Hard to focus on data 

Best Answer

Yeah and it’s not recording all of my sleep anymore. I’ve stuck with Fitbit mostly for the sleep data but now they have messed that up to the point that I’m ready to switch to Apple Watch.

Best Answer

Google is ruining the product, looks like a 12 year old wrote this code. Ridiculous. 

Best Answer

Why??? Why is Google trying to ruin the Fitbit? I checked my sleep log on 4/13 and found the new crap update to the graphic. What a piece of junk. It's hard to see, hard to read, hard to understand. I have a BSCS, can I come help you guys?

Best Answer

Agree. I  posted on this topic in the Product Development section too. I hope Fitbit will read and respond to our concerns.

Best Answer

Couldn’t agree more!! It used to be so easy to read at a glance and to edit quickly. Why complicate it?

Best Answer

@RGE23 I believe the new sleep format is being slowly rolled out. I'm not sure why you'd see it once and then not again unless it was rolled out to you and rolled back? I'm not sure. But I would just wait and see if it comes back in a few days. I'm also on 4.14.1 and I have not seen the new sleep format yet. Just have to be patient and wait. 

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I have signed up with Premium, with the newest update the sleep data is so confusing and makes no sense. This is not what I signed up for. If this is not corrected I would like a refund on my subscription.

Best Answer

Hi, @michw99 welcome to the community, you may find this article of interest How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device? - Fitbit Help Center . If you are still stuck please post here again with more detail of the specific issues you have a problem with. Note this is a community board which is monitored by Fitbit moderators. If you want to talk to "Customer Support" it's a good move to prepare a note of your problem so you can brief the agent clearly.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

It’s not acsessible. For someone with dyslexia I’m struggling with everything being mono and damm right ugly 

Best Answer