Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resting heart rate now constant every day since 8th April

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My resting heart rate used to fluctuate each day and it was useful to see it rise when fighting off a cold and drop when feeling healthy. Since 8th of April it has suddenly flat lined at 67 every day. Has the algorithm changed or is there a bug that was introduced in the last update?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @GregCrosby, the following tips should help you out with getting an accurate resting HR reading from your tracker:

1. Experiment with wearing your tracker two to three fingers above your wrist. Blood flow increases the higher up you go on the arm and wearing your tracker higher will increase HR accuracy.
  2. Be sure to wear your tracker snug, but not tight to the point where it restricts blood flow.
  3. With workouts where your wrist is moving non-rhythmically or workouts that cause your wrist to flex, for example bicep curls or boxing, the movement could be preventing the HR sensor from finding an accurate heart rate. For instances like this, I would recommend relaxing your wrist for a few seconds and afterwards you should see an accurate HR reading.

Keep me posted if this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Longest is 5 days here with resting heart rate staying the same..

Feel free restarting the tracker:

Restart the tracker

URL: Click / Tap to open the Fitbit Help Article 'How do I restart the tracker?'

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't think the tracker is the problem as it is tracking and recording heart rate perfectly. It is also syncing perfectly.

I think it is the backend calculation of "resting heart rate" which is either not working as before or broken
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GregCrosby, the following tips should help you out with getting an accurate resting HR reading from your tracker:

1. Experiment with wearing your tracker two to three fingers above your wrist. Blood flow increases the higher up you go on the arm and wearing your tracker higher will increase HR accuracy.
  2. Be sure to wear your tracker snug, but not tight to the point where it restricts blood flow.
  3. With workouts where your wrist is moving non-rhythmically or workouts that cause your wrist to flex, for example bicep curls or boxing, the movement could be preventing the HR sensor from finding an accurate heart rate. For instances like this, I would recommend relaxing your wrist for a few seconds and afterwards you should see an accurate HR reading.

Keep me posted if this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I've got the same problem it stuck on May 18 and done restart my tracker. Let's see if it works or not. Thanks for suggestion.

Capture.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Capture.JPGThe problem solved by restarting my fitbit surge. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

Mine is doing same thing as yours and I got the same reply from customer support.   I have been wearing fitbits for 5 years now and have been tracking resting heart rate almost religiously.  I know how to wear one snd how they work.  So I know when mine isnt working right.   Did you ever figure out a fix?   Thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes