Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up of Fitbit alta

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I've just got a new Fitbit Alta to replace my ONE and it won't set up on my iPhone. My one is syncing fine.
I've tried restarting the Alta, turning off/on phone and reinstalling the app.
???
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@JoSharp  Are you seeing any errors when you try to add the tracker?  If so - which one(s)?  You could also try moving your One away from your phone while setting up the new tracker in case it is causing some connecting errors.

Let us know some more info, and we'll see if we can help.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
My phone just won't find my Alta during set up. There aren't any error messages.

I've even tried removing my Fitbit one from my phone. The Alta still won't setup connect, but my One will?

I've been wearing/ using Fitbit for 5yrs, I'm so disappointed and I've now lost faith in the Alta. Not sure what to do now.

Regards

Johanna Sharples
Best Answer
0 Votes
My phone just won't find my Alta during set up. There aren't any error messages.

I've even tried removing my Fitbit one from my phone. The Alta still won't setup connect, but my One will?

I've been wearing/ using Fitbit for 5yrs, I'm so disappointed and I've now lost faith in the Alta. Not sure what to do now.

Regards

Johanna Sharples
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @JoSharp, thank you for providing more details to the the post of @Kmransom123. If your tracker cannot be pair to your Fitbit account I suggest the following:

Try to restart your tracker doing the following:

• Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  • Clasp the other end of the cable to the port on the back of your Alta. Alta will begin charging.
  • Press the button on your charging cable three times within eight seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. 
  • Eight seconds after the first button press, you'll see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This means Alta is restarting.
  • After you see the logo you can unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Once your tracer is restarted, please try the following to pair your tracker on your existing account:

1. On the Fitbit app for iOS dashboard, tap the Account tab.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Keep us posted how it goes, I'll be around if you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes