Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up notifications on a new iphone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently got a new iPhone. How do I sync my charge 2 to my phone so I will get notifications of phone calls coming in?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Harg33, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

In order to set up Notifications on your new phone, please go to your phone settings > notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications
  • Show in Notification Center
  • Show on Lock Screen. 

Then, open the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Charge 2 > Notifications and disable them. Force-close the app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swipe it up. Open the app again and enable notifications once again, the app will ask you to "Pair" your tracker with your phone, tap OK and you will now be able to receive Notifications. 

One last thing to mention, if you have your old phone with you, go to the Bluetooth settings on this phone and check if Charge 2 is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

try following your directions, when I go to Notifications on fit bit, will not allow. Says iPhone and fit bit need to be paired before using. This was my husbands phone,it may never have been paired. Can I try setting up as new device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

One more thing! The iPhone that was paired with Charge2, has been disabled for several months.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Click on the message telling you that the iPhone must be paired, and follow the prompts.

If the old phone is turned off or not nearby it is out of the picture.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think so. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes