Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the iOS app

Why are the sleep scores and data displayed differently? I assume it’s the new ios update, but I preferred the former presentation.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
451 REPLIES 451

have used fitbit for sleep tracking for years. that and tracking steps are what has kept me a user! this new 'upgrade' is almost un-usable. can't figure out what it is trying to show and seems to have lost everything that made it helpful.

Best Answer

That is such a bad excuse. I’m pretty much done with Fitbit. User experience and functionality of the device has been declining for some time. Think I’ll try Apple Watch or Garmin. 

Best Answer

Totally agreed! Couldn’t have said it better myself! Such a poor “upgrade”! 👏

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer

I agree that the new line chart sleep data format is overly complex and thus, difficult to read. Also, I am not getting Benchmark typical ranges showing at all. Fitbit needs to go back to the straightforward, clear and efficient format of the previous bar graph display. Updates are supposed to offer a better solution, not a worse one.

Best Answer

I agree change the sleep display back so it is readable or they will be losing a lot of customers. I am seriously considering getting an Apple Watch! I hope they don't take too long to change. 

Best Answer

Very disappointed, looks like I will be getting an Apple Watch and I have been a loyal Fitbit customer since 2016. 

Best Answer

Totally agree. Bring back the old trusted version

Best Answer

The update is AWFUL period! Nothing good about it that I have found. A real shame I loved my FitBit but I think I will now be going over to Apple. Been with FitBit forever 🙁

Best Answer

Please Fitbit do something about the sleep track statistics they now look like a low budget infant school project.  So disappointed 😞 im off to search for a Garmin or maybe return to Apple Watch. Why were they changed? They were easy to read and made sense. I feel let down as I rely on my Fitbit. 

Best Answer

It’s awful — hard to read and ugly, and doesn’t present historical info in a useful way.

Best Answer

Totally agree.  I HATE it!  

Best Answer

100% agree. With every terrible update I have been pushed to consider a Garmin or Apple Watch. The updates are getting worse and worse! This latest update to the sleep tracker is the final straw. I will not be purchasing another Fitbit and this makes me very sad as I’ve been a Fitbit user for many years. Google you have ruined this fitness tracker and app. 

Best Answer

Yes, and they won’t read any of the comments because they will all be negative. Might as well cancel Fitbit Premium. Fitbit is the only smart watch I have ever used. Current Versa is acting up. Apple, here I come!!

Best Answer

Yes I have been a Fitbit fan/user for 9 years. Apple Watch here I come!

Best Answer

I absolutely agree!  They've also removed certain features that i used daily, all related to sleep and heart rate.  Definitely time to move to another company!

Best Answer

The new interface in the sleep part of the app is sooooo horrible that I will probably switch away from Fitbit altogether. Whom ever designed it was obviously going for a minimal approach but it looks they forgot to flush out their original pencil design. I’m 65 years old and the thin lines, lack of color, lack of style, lack of contrast are simply too hard to read and visually unappealing as well. Any chance of you changing it back? What a shame. I loved my Fitbit. I’ve bought many as gifts and my whole family wears them. Poor choices guys. So disappointed. 

Best Answer

New design is awful. I hate it. Feels cheap and harder to use. 

Best Answer

I'll definitely be switching to a ring device soon. And will no longer pay for premium if this what we get. 

Best Answer

So not only has the update ruined the sleep tracking (and made my data incorrect), it's also done something with the resting heart rate. Before I went to sleep (after midnight), it updated to tell me my rhr was 91. When I woke up, 67. And it's only gone up to 91 once when I was rushing around and getting dressed. PLEASE roll the entire thing back... it used to give me a rhr AFTER I woke up for the day. Now, it's giving me one before I sleep!

Best Answer