Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep stages are missing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the third week in a row sleep stages are missing. Seems to happen only on Monday / Tuesday. Other days are fine. Normally (prior to two weeks ago) they’re very reliable. 

Anyone seeing this pattern?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I have problem with sleep stages/stats not working as well.  Problem started about a week ago and is the main thing I use my fitbit for, and is the only reason I pay for premium.  I saw on another post there's a fitbit server issue causing this - hope its resolved soon!

Best Answer

@Mike_N @Rosw2 Have you tried doing any trouble shooting? I have not experienced this issue. 

• Restart your device
  • Uninstall the Fitbit app and reinstall it
  • Remove the Sleep tile from your Today screen and add it back
    • To remove the Sleep tile, tap the Edit button in the upper right hand corner
    • Tap the X by the Sleep tile
    • Tap Done
    • Then tap Edit again
    • Scroll to the bottom until you see Additional Stats
    • Add the Sleep tile back and tap Done

Hopefully one of those troubleshooting methods helps to resolve the issue.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

Thanks. 🙏

I think it was two weeks ago, the sleep stages were coupled with a big server outage, syncing was heavily impacted. Sleep, steps, and other values were never restored.

The week before and the week after it was just sleep stages. I’ve never had any luck with restoring stages by restarting the device, though sometimes adjusting the start or end time forces some kind of recalculation. That’s not helping these recent occurrences.

If I remove the sleep tile and re-add it I’m concerned I’ll lose historical data.

This problem is not an everyday thing, just one day per week, for the last three weeks, with other data being synced properly. It’s messing up my weekly average. Normally I will lose sleep stages maybe once in 2-3 months, which I attribute to the wristband being misaligned or low battery. This recent issue is something else. A friend (different Fitbit model / different mobile OS) confirmed these same issues on the same days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mike_N You won't lose your historical data if you delete the sleep tile. I just removed my tile and then added it back and all my data is there, including last night. 

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

The Pulse 4 stop tracking sleep stages. I delete the app and the blue tooth link, reloaded the software, made sure  I had the latest software, rebooted my phone but nothing resolve the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes