Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep data with new layout

I suppose there was an update. The app presents sleep data differently.  Have others noticed this?

I miss seeing how long episodes of awake, light, REM and deep sleep are

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
524 REPLIES 524

I find that the sleep profile is not measuring/reading until after several hours of being asleep. And this has happened on numerous occasions recently.

also, I really do not like the new presentation of the sleep profile. 

Best Answer

I don’t like the new sleep tracker. When I’m really relaxed, it records it as a nap or “other sleep”. It periodically did that with the old tracker and I was able to delete it. If this isn’t corrected, I’m switching to an Apple Watch. It’s bad enough that it doesn’t integrate with Apple Health without a third party app. This may be the final straw. I pay for premium and it hardly seems worth it now.

Best Answer

Feeling so disappointed in the updated version of the sleep tracker, this was previously my favorite feature.

Best Answer

That's what I thought too at first but it does you just have to click on the 3 dots at the top right and the edit & delete will show as before.  I use those frequently as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm hoping all these comments are seen by a real person and not a robot.  If anything give us a choice which sleep experience we want to use.  I'm guessing 99% will opt for the old one.

Best Answer

I'm done with fitbit unless they revert to the old displays immediately. This one is HORRIBLE. I bet they will offer it on a premium subscription but that's not what I got a fitbit for. I'm done with fitbit. 

That's a ridiculous reply. The update renders the sleep tracker completely useless. As you can see, many people who have never used the forum are extremely upset with this update. It isn't at all relective of the products we purchased. Bait and switch. I want a refund because you made the product useless.

I have not yet done so but just added it to my list for today. I'm also requesting a refund since they changed the product and it is no longer what I paid for.

Best Answer

The new sleep graphs are horrible - so difficult to read. Anyone know if there’s a way to restore old graphs? 

Best Answer

I agree it's complete junk. The other one was easy to read the graphics.

It's totally ruined my experience with Fitbit. 

Before you could get up to get a sip of water or something now you get up and it just says I only slept 2 hours even though I went back to sleep. Before the Fitbit would pick it back up for the full night. Complete junk now

It's complete junk You've made it very difficult for people to be able to read it now.

I got up for 1 minute in the middle of the night I wake up this morning and it tells me I only slept 2 hours? So because I got up for 1 minute the Fitbit decided I was awake for the rest of the night now.

You're seriously making me want to get rid of my Fitbit and go to something else Total junk turn it back the way it was or you're going to lose a lot of people here.

Best Answer

+1 on finding an alternative. The changes to sleep information and presentation are not useful,are spread across multiple screens, make comparison over time difficult, and are more prone to inaccurately recording the actual sleep time.

Best Answer

Me too this app is ruined now. It didn't even register my full night of sleep because I got up to get some water and go to the bathroom. So I get up this morning and says I only slept 2 hours ridiculous.

Best Answer

The new sleep interface is NOT user friendly. I’m very confused how this would have been approved by a team of people. The goal should be to create a positive user experience for the customer…. The new update makes me want to find a new product.

Best Answer

What else is there besides fitbit and apple

Best Answer

100% agree with all the disappointed comments about the new app update pertaining to sleep.  I look at this daily. Woke up and suddenly everything is different. Not intuitive AT ALL. Ugly and borderline illegible.

As if that was not bad enough, today I get up and it's gotten worse! Over 8 hours of sleep but no timeline display or sleep score!  And no explanation as to why!!  What are you people doing???

I've been contemplating a change to a different platform. Maybe now is the time. 

Best Answer

As I've suggested numerous times now, Rodrigo (and Lizzy as well), user-centric development involves testing ideas and getting user feedback rather than the geek squad brainstorming and banging something out as a great idea fueled by too much Mountain Dew and Red Bull.  Would it really be all that hard to post potential changes on this discussion page and asking for feedback?  That's how successful application development is accomplished.  How real customers use an application should be the driving concern, not the whim of whoever is driving this redesign.  My company develops software and would lose clients routinely as you're losing users if we imposed our ideas as the best way to solve their business problem, like you, essentially stating that we know better what you need than you do.  But this appears to be something the script kiddies working on this redesign never considered.

Best Answer

The new software upgrade for the sleep log is awful. Too busy. 
I have used it for a few days. It doesn’t allow you to edit a sleep log when the Fitbit doesn’t record the correct wake time. Even after completely deleting the sleep log and trying to add the corrected times. After deletion and when trying to add is states there is already a sleep log. 

Best Answer

Agree, I frequently needed to delete erroneous sleep.  I was not sleeping but laying on sofa watching TV 

Best Answer

Rodrigo: "We will all get used to it eventually..." That may or may not be true, but as you charitably said, "I was also surprised to wake up to another way of presenting data." My biggest problem with all the changes since Google acquired Fitbit is that there is no warning beforehand about major changes to the "way of presenting data"--i.e., the usability of that information and functionality of the app for users--or way to opt out of (or rollback) these changes. "We will all get used to it eventually" seems to be the assumption of the current Google/Fitbit decision-makers, who clearly are not listening to their consumers, who vocally protest--in large numbers--that all of these changes they are imposing are ruining what longtime users of Fitbit appreciated about the product. With each of these frustrating changes, I've contemplated and gotten closer to throwing in the towel on Fitbit, a brand I've stuck with for almost 20 years.

@operationcam Like you, my only reason for the Premium subscription was to keep my access to the "granular" sleep details (which I used to have access to for free, before Google acquired Fitbit). Given how frustrating/useless the new sleep tracking UI is, I'm cancelling my premium subscription. As you said, "It seems like each time Fitbit updates the application they remove the ability to view more and more data points." Spot on!

Best Answer

I'm always good with change.  I will not get used to this...it makes no sense.  To present me with some kind of idiotic graph with a line that you move to see your times is unacceptable.   If not changed back, I will leave.

Best Answer

The one thing Fitbit did well was its graphics and organization of sleep data. You could instantly see how you did, comparison with your age/gender group, and weeks worth of past data. Well, they fixed it. It's worthless now and cumbersome to read. You want to see awake times? You can't. To move the bar, your finger has to cover the awake time recording so you can't even see it. Benchmark is meaningless because it's not compared to the normal range. I bought a Garmin Forerunner 55 and am still learning to use it but this Fitbit change has motivated me to learn it faster. 

Best Answer
Thank you! Jeez, could they have made it more complicated? Before it was an easy swipe. Google ruined Fitbit!!!
Best Answer