Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracker no longer responding to finger drag

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
When I used to go to the detail page on the sleep tracker and change the resolution, I could drag my finger across the page and it would show me the time I woke up, slept, was restless, etc. After last night's update this feature no longer works. Please restore this feature.
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Miloinbrooklyn welcome aboard to our Community. Thank you fro brought this to my attention, since I have no reports of this issue, I tested myself the app on my iOS and indeed, there has been a few visual changes on the Dashboard, but the way it works has not been modified.I still have the feature to press my finger across the graph and it display the details of my time.

Sleep details.png

So look for your sleep tile and open the details of the log, go to the option to display the graph in fullscreen.

upload.png

Keep in mind you need to tap and hold, then you drag across the graph.

If this is not working, make sure you have the latest version which is 2.26. If you do, force quit the app and try again.

1. Double tap the home button on your iOS device. Your open apps will show on your device's screen. 
2. Close the Fitbit app by swiping the app image in an upward motion. 
3. Reopen the Fitbit app. 

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hi there @Miloinbrooklyn welcome aboard to our Community. Thank you fro brought this to my attention, since I have no reports of this issue, I tested myself the app on my iOS and indeed, there has been a few visual changes on the Dashboard, but the way it works has not been modified.I still have the feature to press my finger across the graph and it display the details of my time.

Sleep details.png

So look for your sleep tile and open the details of the log, go to the option to display the graph in fullscreen.

upload.png

Keep in mind you need to tap and hold, then you drag across the graph.

If this is not working, make sure you have the latest version which is 2.26. If you do, force quit the app and try again.

1. Double tap the home button on your iOS device. Your open apps will show on your device's screen. 
2. Close the Fitbit app by swiping the app image in an upward motion. 
3. Reopen the Fitbit app. 

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Hi Roberto-

Thanks for your help. How can I see what version I'm running? When I
tap on the picture of my Fitbit on the dashboard the details view says
version 122. I've closed and reopened the app, but I still don't get
results when I drag my finger across my sleep details.

Janet
Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted my own message about this. My FitBit app updated on 17 Aug, and on the morning of the 18th, I was unable to see the times on my sleep graph. I then figured it was a compatibility issue with the older iOS, and updated to the latest iOS last night (19th) - to no avail.

I have done all the steps as listed, force-quit the app a number of times, and restarted my iPhone6 three times, with zero effect. I just get the graph filling the entire screen, and sliding a finger across it yields absolutely nothing - no response whatsoever. I even went looking for a way to revert to an older version of the app, and my iOS, to see if that would perhaps work (but I couldn't find anything).

The sleep graph is useless for me without this functionality - and the sleep tracker was the main reason I bought a FitBit over other activity trackers 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes
Roberto- now the time tracking in sleep tracker is working for me. It seemed to respond to a hard tap and then drag. It just seems to need a different finger action than it did in the previous version. Thanks for your help.
Best Answer

@Miloinbrooklyn You can see what version of the iOS App you are using by: clicking the Account button in the bottom right-hand corner > scroll down and click the Help button > and the App version will be displayed at the top of the screen.

Just as @RobertoME suggested, you have to tap and hold a specific time on the expanded sleep graph to see specific times for when you were asleep, restless and awake.

Let us know if there's anything else that we can do to help!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
Thanks to both you and Roberto. Now I see that I have the most recent version, an I am successfully tapping and dragging to see the specific times.
Best Answer

Hi there @Miloinbrooklyn, I think I'm speaking on behalf of @DerrickS too, but we are glad to help you anytime you need.

I wonder @JadziaOz how it goes for you? Were you able to see your sleep time periods on your sleep graph? Keep in mind you need to tap and hold for moment to start dragging and see your information.

If you need more help, just keep us posted. See you around! Robot wink

Best Answer

Nope. No such luck for me. Very cranky about this. I have already said that I have updated everything I can possibly update, restarted mutliple times - to no avail. It's one of the few useful aspects of the sleep tracker, and now I can no longer use it.

And yes, I have tried everything as stated in all threads. I am not technologically challenged. I am fully aware of the additional pressure now required, but it does not work on my iPhone6. I have no issue with any other app, so i can only assume there is no issue with my screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This isn't working on Android systems. Any resolution for us?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MoyeBoy, thank you for stopping by and for reaching out on this sleep graph change.

Our teams are always striving to improve Fitbit products and services, which sometimes result in modifications to existing features. I appreciate your feedback, and will do our best to align future development better to your interests.

Thank you for your comments and see you around!

Best Answer

This doesn't show the R.E.M. vs Deep sleep. I know I saw that somewhere but now I can't seem to figure out how to access it. When I search I keep getting directions on how to do this. I know how to do this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @monatx, good to see you around. I noticed you haven't received any official response about your concern. I'm wondering how it goes so far? 

Note that the sleep stages where you can find details of R.E.M, deep sleep and other stages can be find by accessing to your sleep tile and selecting each entry to see the details.

However if by any reason your sleep stages are not being recorded, then you won't be able to see this.

Let me know if you need further information or more help.

Best Answer
0 Votes