Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SpO2 sensor

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m wondering do all Ftbits have a SpO2 sensor? How do I know what my SpO2 is? I’m particularly interested in knowing what it is during sleep. Can Fitbit tell if I have sleep apnea?

M͙A͙R͙Y͙ B͙?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Only the more recent fitbit models have the SPO2 sensor (Charge 3, Ionic, Versa...) but, currently, none of them make use of it and the data from the sensor is not available to us.

However, the recent press release for the new Versa 2 says:

"Estimated Oxygen Variation Graph : Coming soon, this graph will provide users with an estimate of the variability of oxygen levels in their bloodstream. The data is derived from a combination of the red and infrared sensors on the back of your device. Being aware of short-term variations in the oxygen levels in your bloodstream may indicate variations in your breathing during sleep."

So, this sounds like some use will be made of the sensor soon, but it's not clear whether this will only be for the Versa 2 or whether it will be available on other fitbit models.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Only the more recent fitbit models have the SPO2 sensor (Charge 3, Ionic, Versa...) but, currently, none of them make use of it and the data from the sensor is not available to us.

However, the recent press release for the new Versa 2 says:

"Estimated Oxygen Variation Graph : Coming soon, this graph will provide users with an estimate of the variability of oxygen levels in their bloodstream. The data is derived from a combination of the red and infrared sensors on the back of your device. Being aware of short-term variations in the oxygen levels in your bloodstream may indicate variations in your breathing during sleep."

So, this sounds like some use will be made of the sensor soon, but it's not clear whether this will only be for the Versa 2 or whether it will be available on other fitbit models.

Best Answer