Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step streak banner disappeared on new Fitbit App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well here we go, another app update, another set of missing information not tested.

I was over 1,111 days straight of getting my step total count.  Looked forward to my continued STREAK banner coming over the app saying way to go!! With number of straight days I maintained my goal. 

WHERE IS THIS with new app rollout (update happened yesterday on my phone)

IMG_5690.PNG

VOTE HERE TO GET THIS BACK

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Product-Feedback/Bring-back-step-streak-on-new-Fitbit-app/idi-p/5454...

Has anyone seen the new streak banner come back?  If so please post a picture of it.  Thanks for all of the comments and support.  I'm really hoping it's coming back.   

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
343 REPLIES 343

You’re right. They discontinued the step streak feature. Terrible decision. You might want to repost this in the iOS forum since it pertains to the app, not just the Versa. Hopefully they will see lots of complaints and reinstate the feature. 

Best Answer

Nooo!  The new app appeared this morning.  I was on a 218 day Step Streak and no banner after 10,000 steps today. Why would they eliminate a feature that is so motivating? 

Best Answer

Step streak has been removed from app. How many of us diligently looked at app every day to reach that goal? Now it’s gone. I’ve chatted with support and apparently they don’t view it as important. It’s the only thing that was important to me after all the good features were removed. Also looking at past days is much more cumbersome and slow

Best Answer

Agree 100%, whoever thought this new look was a good idea clearly has no idea of what their customers want.

Best Answer

Nope. That does show the step streak

Best Answer

It's not on mine either and I won't buy another FitBit if they don't bring it back. I was at a 750 day streak. I made myself a promise to get to 1000 days. Bring it back Fitbit!!!

Best Answer
I'm with you.  I just purchased an Apple Watch after my last Versa died after just one year.  I manually input my steps.  I will until I reach my 1000 day streak goal, then I will tell FitBit goodbye.
Best Answer

What happened to my consecutive day banner.  It went away when I got the new app.  I found itt very motivating.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

I agree! The step streak is what kept me on Fitbit after all the challenges and games disappeared. Very disappointing update and they clearly don’t care. 

Best Answer

Following - this feature was a main motivator for using fitbit.  Makes you wonder who is designing these upgrades?  C'mon fitbit bring that feature back!

Best Answer

My fitbit app updated yesterday and now my watch does not display my days step streak.  Will this come back with all the days i have accumulated after i get my 10,000 today?  Also, i saw where people were talking about their fitbits losing the charge more quickly than before and mine has been doing this since about August as well.  is there some way to correct this?

Best Answer

Yes, step streak was the reason I stayed with it for so long. Hate the new app. The battery level seems to be gone also. I guess Fitbit doesn't care about us folks who just use it every day to keep active as we get older. Selling new devices makes more money. Sad but true. 

Best Answer

I am almost to my 3 year step streak and they have got rid of it. I agree, it is my biggest motivation and whomever made that decision is not using the product or understands what it means to the users. Bring it back FitBit. Do not delay in doing so. 

Best Answer

After the app update....

Me too what's up Versa2 not syncing and now my Iphone is adding numbers of steps.

Reinstalled the app.   next I'll look at restarting my Versa 2...

Best Answer

I chatted with help and they said they it was deleted with the new feature.  This is not cool.  
They need to add it back! 

Best Answer

the forced restart worked. I'm😁 corrected again.

Best Answer

Eliminating step streak was a HUGE error. It is motivational. I was at 380 days yesterday. PLEASE restore.

Best Answer

I am so mad! I was on day 995, 5 days from 1000 day step streak and now I can't see it anymore. When I opened the app this morning it gave me no choice, I had to update it and now there is no banner anymore. I also do not like the way the new app looks, I would like to be able to still have floors up top with the steps and zone minutes. Really disappointed in Fitbit!

Best Answer

I really feel for you.  The 1,000 mark is clearly something to look forward to.  I can't imagine getting that close.  I made it to 1K this past Sunday and I know I would have been really disappointed not to be able to see it.  I adjusted the goal to get to 3 years (1,095 steps) and was looking forward to that.  Hopefully they will listen to all of this negative feedback and reinstate the step streak.

Best Answer
Thanks! I’ll give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer