Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step streak banner disappeared on new Fitbit App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well here we go, another app update, another set of missing information not tested.

I was over 1,111 days straight of getting my step total count.  Looked forward to my continued STREAK banner coming over the app saying way to go!! With number of straight days I maintained my goal. 

WHERE IS THIS with new app rollout (update happened yesterday on my phone)

IMG_5690.PNG

VOTE HERE TO GET THIS BACK

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Product-Feedback/Bring-back-step-streak-on-new-Fitbit-app/idi-p/5454...

Has anyone seen the new streak banner come back?  If so please post a picture of it.  Thanks for all of the comments and support.  I'm really hoping it's coming back.   

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
343 REPLIES 343

This happened to my.  My step streak is at 915 and my goal is 1000.  

Best Answer

So I’ve been keeping track of my step streak for over two years now with the app. I just updated the app two days ago and now I can’t find anywhere that it tells you your steak. Is this information still available somewhere?? I’m at 750 days and I’d like it to continue to tell me where I am. 

Best Answer

I’m so upset about this, too! I had just hit one year!

Best Answer

The updated app is not showing my step streak! This is the entire reason I still have a Fitbit!!

Best Answer

I feel everyone's pain.  I love this simple feature that is no longer available. 

Fitbit will probably replying stating they received customer feedback on removing this feature.  Similar to removing the floor count on the Charge 5.  

Best Answer

I need it back too!  It's such a motivation to keep moving!

Best Answer

After years of being a Fitbit customer, thanks to this missing streak banner and an interface that now looks like a 5 year old with a green crayon made it, I am moving to the Garmin Venu 3 or Apple Watch 9. Google really has destroyed Fitbit as many articles have stated. Goodbye Google Fitbit for good - you had an opportunity and your "NEW" crappy interface finally pushed me to a Garmin or Apple Watch.  Seems that Google after buying Fitbit for such a huge amount has forgotten one of the MAIN reasons their customers buy a Fitbit watch is for WALKING and tracking steps and what does Goggle do - remove the step streak. So yes executives are human and can still be a dumb*** .

As an example of your competitor, Google Fitbit look and read  ---->The step streak in the Garmin app can be found under your profile under personal records. The device displays a goal animation when you reach your step goal, and continues tracking. When you press the key, a goal streak animation appears indicating how many days in a row you achieved your step goal

Best Answer

Fitbit - I was almost to day 300… I have marched in my house on days I couldn’t get enough steps because I was am that motivated and the banner/counter was keeping me accountable. Bring it back for real! The new app design is terribly clunky. You cannot put all information in the order that is important to you and each item on the screen looks like you are trying to make people scroll for days instead of getting a quick glance. Not to mention ion not all items have been “updated” with this new feel. Sleep for example is still designed in the previous version so your continuity is off. I have had Fitbit for over 10 years and this is by far the worst app change made. I would love to be able to select the previous platform.

Best Answer

Just chatted with support and it's not available on the new app.  He said they might bring it back.  Makes you wonder if the guys designing the app even use the product.  The step streak is my main motivation.

Best Answer

Agreed, I'd be at 880 if it were working correctly.

Best Answer

I was on roughly a 750 day step streak. I made a promise to myself to get 3 years in. I can't find it on the new app??? Anyone else?

Best Answer

They NEED to fix this asap! Why on earth would they remove and upset all of their users? Makes zero sense and makes me want to change products to work with someone who actually cares...

Best Answer

Fitbit really dropped the ball on this. The whole redesign is a disappointment. 

Best Answer

Since the update to the new Fitbit app my steps and activity are not synching from my watch to my iPhoneXR. My sleep hours are synching properly. 

Best Answer

Android or iOS. 

We are in the hardware community board. 

To be honest, I don't remember this start , and updated the app about 20 minutes ago. 

Best Answer

I was at 607 days for my step streak and absolutely agree with you.  Why would this have been removed?  All of us on this thread have demonstrated that it was an effective motivator for us. Indeed, it was the only thing keeping me from getting an Apple Watch.  I was googling hoping that it was user error and the data was somewhere.  When I saw this thread, I at least understood that it wasn't me.  Fitbit, I hope that you read this thread.  

Best Answer

I agree. My phone just updated and I went to look at my daily stats and everything is rearranged my step stts are gone and frankly it’s ugly. Please go back!  Otherwise definitely will move on, the display and immediate step view were huge selling points for me. VERY UNHAPPY ☹️ 

Best Answer

I noticed the new dashboard in the app. I no longer see my step streak. Is that gone??? 😢

Best Answer
Tap the foot icon on the app. Same to tap zone minutes

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Fitbit has confirmed that they have eliminated the step streak feature in the Fitbit app version 4.0. This is very disappointing to me, and I imagine countless other users. The rationale seems to be that they believe we should have a broader view of the health metrics tracked and calculated by the Fitbit instead of focusing on one metric (steps) and one goal (10k per day). Fine, so move the streak to a less prominent place on the dashboard. Or better yet, let users decide where to place it, and how much emphasis to put on that item. 
The longitudinal view represented by the step streak is one of the main reasons I stay with Fitbit. Without it, I might as well just get an Apple Watch. 
PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!

Best Answer