Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps carried over after times zone change

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I flew to New York today from Las Vegas. When my fit bit change the time zones the steps that I had for the 19th also posted for the 20th. So now I'm showing over 10,000 steps on the 20th when I haven't even walked 100 steps and all the calorie count the wrong also for that day. I tried doing a driving activity adjustment but when you look at the graph It doesn't even show any steps for the 20th. How can I get this fixed so my data is correct?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @ibelieve1968, I hope you're having a great day, it's nice to see you around! Smiley Happy

Have you experienced this situation before? Which tracker are you currently using? It seems when you changed locations your steps were carried over, which it very uncommon. In this particular situation, I would like to suggest you to restart your tracker to prevent this issue to happen again. as currently, the steps that were carried over can't be removed.

Additionally, I would like to recommend going to the Fitbit app, then tapping on the account icon on the top right corner, then on Advanced Settings. Make sure that under Time Zone, Set Automatically is enabled before syncing your tracker. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes