Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps disappeared after syncing with phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have noticed this a few times, but today was the most obvious so inam wondering what is up. My tracker had 39 thousand steps on it and I decided to sync to see the exact steps and how close I was to my goal of 40 000. When I synced the number dropped to 27 800 rougly! What's happening? I only have 1 tracker that I use and did not have it syncing throughout the day (I'm traveling so trying to preserve battery life). Thanks for your help. I'm super bummed because I have no idea how close I was now.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Ramo23, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Since when have you experienced this situation? Which tracker are you currently using? How many times a day do you sync your tracker? 

At this moment I would like to suggest you to restart your tracker, then check your online Dashboard and compare the steps there, it's possible the information is being sync successfully but the app is not updating it correctly, in which case I would like to suggest the following:

• Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. If this doesn't seem to work:
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes