Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps from MobileTrack disappeared after syncing.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m running a Fitbit Charge 2, and can’t wear it at work so use the mobile track through the app, when I finished tonight I nearly had my 10000 steps yet when the app connected to my Fitbit it reduced my steps to 6000!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @MikeyVit, I hope you're doing well, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. Tell me, is this the first time you've experienced this issue? Did you sync MobileTrack right before syncing with your tracker? At this moment I would like to suggest you force-quit the app by double tapping the home button on your phone, then swipe up the app. Then, monitor it and check if you experience this issue again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Marco.

Thanks for replying.

This was the first time I had noticed it but have noticed it again since then.

I so led Mobile track first and had a message to say I only needed about 800 steps to reach my goal, and then a minute later when my Fitbit updated I had another message telling me I had 2500 steps to reach my goal!

I have tried removing mobile track and reinstalling it, if it is still doing the same thing.

Thanks.

Mike.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MikeyVit, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier, at this moment I would like to gather some information from you so I can check this further:

• iPhone model you're currently using.
  • OS version currently running on your phone.
  • App version installed (go to Account > Help to get it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi MarcoG

I’m using an iPhone 5se running on IOS 11.3.1 and running Fitbit 2.5(760) (I hope that’s right info)

Thanks.

Mike.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MikeyVit, I hope you're having a great day, I appreciate you have replied with the information requested. Smiley Happy

At this moment, as you have already removed and set up MobileTrack again I would like to ask you to try the following:

1. Go to the Fitbit app and remove MobileTrack one more time.
  2. Go to your phone's Settings > Fitbit and disable Motion & Track.
  3. Restart your phone.
  4. Go back to the Settings and enable Motion & Track again.
  5. Set up MobileTrack in the Fitbit app. 

Next, monitor your app, making sure to sync MobileTrack a couple of times during the day, most importantly, make sure your Charge 2 is not in range when syncing MobileTrack to prevent the information stored in the Charge 2 overriding MobileTrack. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes