Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps update in dashboard after 2 syncs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I don’t like how the challenges (current and old) clutter up the dashboard and are forced upon you. Sometimes I don’t want to even think about them. 

And when I sync, steps update in the challenge but not the dashboard. They are always one sync behind on the dashboard. If I sync twice, they will update on the dashboard. Is this intentional? It is irritating to look at the dashboard and think I am 652 steps behind and then look directly at the challenge and see that I am actually 3,681 steps ahead. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @banct. I'm glad to see you here in the Community.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the new dashboard. I'm sorry that you've had this experience, and let me help you out. Regarding your first question, after joining or starting a challenge, it'll be prompted at the top of the Fitbit app by default. However you can then rearrange the order of those tiles with the steps described in this help article.

About your second inquiry, actually this shouldn't happen as it's intended to update your dashboard and challenges once your Fitbit device has synced. May I know if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version? Are other Bluetooth connections turned on when not in use? I'd recommend to try the following:

1. Remove your Fitbit device from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  3. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile's icon > Fitbit device image > Sync now.
  4. Once it has synced, follow the onscreen instructions to pair via Bluetooth.

Give it a try and keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried this suggestion, but almost as soon as I opened the app after rebooting, I got a notification to pair with bluetooth and could do nothing except pair. So I could not sync before pairing; had to pair and then sync.
Still having the same problem. Now it takes multiple syncs to update the leaderboard as well as the challenge section of the dashboard. The leaderboard sometimes updates but the dashboard does not. And then sometimes both update at the same time after several tries.
So ... which data are the other people in the challenge seeing? The leaderboard? The summary data that posts to my dashboard? Something else?
Best Answer
0 Votes