Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue preventing some users from receiving notifications on their iPhone after updating to iOS 13. If you're having trouble receiving notifications and you updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13, follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below:

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and watch this thread for new information. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team works to address this.

Best Answer
3,760 REPLIES 3,760

That's pretty much what I did too. My only addition was to reboot the Ionic when I rebooted the iPhone 8+. 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes
No... but I have an iPhone... why do you ask?
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is driving me nuts.  I have tried EVERYTHING and still no text notifications.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
so you are not getting any notifications to your Fitbit? I have a Charge 3
and I AM getting text notifications to my Fitbit...I just don't get the
info updated on my iPhone. what gadget do you have? I may delete everything
and reinstall?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ionic.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have an iPhone 6. I have deleted , rebooted , turned on all notifications over and over and not getting text notifications. I am receiving other notifications (app) and calls. This is since I updated

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had turned different notification settings on then off. I had set texts to ‘always’ show.  I had closed out of apps, I had re-downloaded the app.  I had given my Versa a hard restart and a Factory reset.  I even let it run all the way out of batteries. Feel like I had done everything!  my Versa would connect to my phone and syncs, so Bluetooth worked.  I would receive phone call notifications but not Texts or Reminders, so strange!

Then an update for my Versa popped up in the app this afternoon and after the update my texts notifications FINALLY WORK. Hope this is a permanent fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish this would get resolved soon- soo close to going to an Apple Watch 😑

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did all this. It still doesn’t work! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. So absolutely frustrating- I cannot tell you the hours , I mean hours I have waisted trying to fix it 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know! I have a baby so my phone is always on silent - never missed a thing as it always went through to my watch so I knew. Now I miss everything!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

What update version was it? I looked and mine says my versa is up to date. Still no notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Android phone, Google Pixel 2 XL, and I haven't gotten text or call notifications for weeks.  Nor am I even getting low battery emails.  VERY frustrating.   Oddly, I am getting calendar reminders, but that's it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! Any update to resolve this issue yet? Everyone else that I know who had a Fitbit is getting notifications. I have done everything to try and get mine to work again and nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@suzeh6 THANKS! This worked for me! 

"Have you made sure your Bluetooth share system notifications are switched on? To check this go into ‘settings’ then ‘Bluetooth’ then were is says ‘Versa’ tap the little ‘i’ in the circle next to were it says connected then make sure it switched on."

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up restarting to factory settings.   I had recently downloaded so I lost nothing.  I also called the 866-273-8455 and had them walk me through resetting Wi-Fi as I was having issues.   They are pretty helpful!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much. I have an Inspire and tried all their steps multiple times and nothing worked until I tried this. These are the instructions Fitbit should be giving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gregmo69 Version 68.9.15 is what it updated to. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
They’re only getting notifications if they turn their show preview on their phone which means everyone will see your text messages. I’m not doing that I got an Apple Watch and I love it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes