Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue preventing some users from receiving notifications on their iPhone after updating to iOS 13. If you're having trouble receiving notifications and you updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13, follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below:

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and watch this thread for new information. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team works to address this.

Best Answer
3,760 REPLIES 3,760

I updated my phone yesterday to IOS 13 and now my versa no longer receives text message notifications. I made sure that notifcatons for texts were on and my phone is set to share notifications with the device. I am getting other notifications just not texts. I also resynced and reconnected my versa several times and no change. Is there anyway that I can fix it?

Best Answer

Tried this too doesn’t work 😢

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s very strange! I get my Facebook and sky news notifications but not texts! Maybe it’s an Apple security thing!
Best Answer

I have the same problem & it started straight after I did the new Apple iOS update yesterday!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing is happening to me. Checked all my notification settings, restarted both devices. No luck. Maybe something to do with the recent tracker update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

People KEEP recommending this and it does not work.  My iPhone 7 is always been on "ALWAYS" and I still do not receive text messages on my Versa.  REALLY confused on why this works on some phones and not all 😖

Best Answer

Nope does not work at all 😩

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I have done every piece of trouble shooting advised. My notifications on my fitbit versa were working perfectly well and have suddenly stopped receiving WhatsApp messages. I am still receiving Facebook messages fine. 

I have re-booted and deleted my versa, also re-booted my android phone all notifications are set normally and even on the watch itself I have of course checked that notifications are on!

Is there a problem with receiving WhatsApp at the moment? 

Best Answer

Having the same problem with my alta!

Bluetooth says it is connected to the alta but not messages or calls are getting through.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since the last update a few days ago, WhatsApp notifications are broken. I have done all the troubleshooting and it's not working.

Fitbit needs to release a minor patch to fix this issue asap. I wish there was a way to roll back the updates to the last version. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Share system’s notifications did not work for me. Turning on message previews did work, but I’d rather not have the my message text displayed on my lock screen just to get notifications on my Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. If you reset the watch and sync as a new one, whatsapp notifications work at the beginning and stop just after a couple of notifications. This is NOT a configuration problem.

Best Answer

Versa 2 not receiving text notifications after upgrading iPhone XS to iOS 13. Only way I’ve been able to get notifications is to turn on message previews which is not favorable. Fitbit app said to turn on “Share System Notifications” however this has always been on so that is not the fix. The main reason I got the versa 2 was because the charge 3 had some serious issues with receiving notifications consistently. Frustrating to see this issue is continuing with my versa 2. Hoping an app update is in the works. 

Best Answer

Hi,

I have updated my phone and all other notifications are working except from text messages I can receive calls and all app notifications but nothing on texts.

I have tried everything noticed people were suggesting the 'show in history' this does not appear on the iPhone 11.

can anybody help me please. thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

The notification is not working well after the last software update. Many people are complaining about it here.  

You don't need to enable anything in configuration, it's a bug in the software. 

Please, send messages to the support and social media; Fitbit needs to fix it asap. 

Best Answer
Just “un-Check” Alert on Lock screen: Notifications, Fitbit, Alerts, Lock Screen (uncheck it)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Then there is no notification on the lock screen that a message was received. Have to unlock the phone to determine if a message was received. Your solution helps with the privacy issue but doesn’t solve the Fitbit notification issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went to notifications>messages>allow in Notification Center 

and it worked

Best Answer
0 Votes

I deleted and reinstalled the app and that fixed it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Right now, only text messages and phone calls are showing notifications on my versa. I have checked all phone settings, battery optimization,etc. ALL is correct. It has to be the software update. I have Samsung S8plus with Android 9

Best Answer
0 Votes