Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue preventing some users from receiving notifications on their iPhone after updating to iOS 13. If you're having trouble receiving notifications and you updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13, follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below:

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and watch this thread for new information. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team works to address this.

Best Answer
3,760 REPLIES 3,760

I have a Versa Lite and I was already kind of on the fence about pulling the trigger and just getting an Apple Watch. This super annoying notification issue after iOS 13 update was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me. I bought my Apple Watch 3 days ago and couldn’t be happier! The only thing I miss about my Versa is the battery life (not really a fair comparison though bc the Apple Watch does so much more) and the native sleep tracking (which isn’t really possible on the Apple Watch right now bc of the battery life). But I don’t miss it enough to ever go back!

Best Answer

I agree. I love my Apple Watch and Fitbit is just pushing customers to leave their brand. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, we don't like showing text previews on the phone. So if you leave your phone on the table other people can read what's coming in.

Best Answer

Like everyone else in this tread I am having trouble getting text notifications since the Fitbit upgrade and IOS released. I’ve tired restoring factory settings, checking phone, Fitbit app, removed Versa all together in the app as well as on my phone. What gives. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Change your phone setting to preview messages like others have and it’s working for. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not receiving messages on my Versa since IOS and Fitbit up updates. Have tried everything; restart, factory reset, remove from phone, looked at settings in IPhone. What’s the problem?  There appears to be many having the same trouble. 

Please let me know as if it’s not resolved I’ll get the IPone watch. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit is not receiving text messages etc. Since Apple UPDATE. The directions on line do not provide the correct information for the Alta HR

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just got an iOS 13.1 update so I’m going to do it tomorrow and hope it fixes it because if not I’m to buy an Apple Watch

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same. So annoying. 

Best Answer
Mine still doesn’t work

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just update mine five minutes ago and it didn’t work.

Mine works when an incoming call comes in, but not for texts or calendar

Just update mine five minutes ago and it didn’t work. I can only get incoming calls

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have stopped receiving notifications as well and I’m very frustrated. To see you know about the issue and there’s nothing to do to fix it will make me leave the Fitbit world if we don’t have a solution. I’m requesting a replacement Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I can get incoming calls now. My Versa doesn’t show the recent Fitbit update from a few weeks ago. It is back to the previous screen

Best Answer
0 Votes

That solved the problem 100%!

Thanks!

The "Share System Notifications" is a new one which was never there. All the Bluetooth devices have this setting on iOS 13.

A bit silly!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I Made the app to forget my charge 3 and did this also in my list in Bluetooth. Now I am not able to make a new connection in the fitbit app with my charge 3. It says Bluetooth is not on, but it is on. So what am I supposed to do next? 

Best Answer

Yes did all that - still doesn’t work

Best Answer

Carried out all the tedious instructions and got nothing 

Best Answer

Was the Apple update a change to iOS 13? If so, you may be affected by an ongoing bug that's causing issues with notifications under iOS 13. Keep an eye on the following thread where fitbit are posting updates and recommendations:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Stopped-seeing-notifications-after-updating-to-iOS-13/td-p/3...

Best Answer

I have a charge 3 and since the new IOS 13 haven’t been able to see my information on the app. The fitbit is not syncing and tells me to turn on Bluetooth. Not only is the bluetooth on but  in the system preferences it shows that it is connected to the fitbit! Please help!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

my new iphone wont even acknowledge the existence of my Alta HR so i cant even get to the stage where I click on i next to the Fitbit name in Bluetooth. Any other helpful suggestions. Really cross about this now!

Best Answer
0 Votes