Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue preventing some users from receiving notifications on their iPhone after updating to iOS 13. If you're having trouble receiving notifications and you updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13, follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below:

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and watch this thread for new information. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team works to address this.

Best Answer
3,760 REPLIES 3,760

Thanks so much for the reply.  Sorta bologna that they changed the sleep score to a subscription but thanks for letting me know.  How do I stop getting replies then?   Happy Holidays.

Best Answer
I did get the LTE version, but I only have to pay for it if I want the
plan. No it doesn’t cost a dime otherwise.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This does not work.  Nothing works.  I basically paid $200 for a watch that doesn't function the way it's supposed to; can't get my money back.  After starting with the original charge and I've upgraded 4 times.  This is the end.  $200 wasted isn't an easy pill to swallow, and it's wasted.  it also wasn't holding a charge so FitBit replaced under warranty and that still didn't resolve the notifications problem.  To top it off, Best Buy won't do anything either.  Totally Sucks!  And it's not just related to Apple - people with Androids are having the same problem (Samsung, LG).  So it's a FitBit problem and they don't care.  I guess it's time to make the switch. 😫

Best Answer

I bought a Versa 2 on Monday after much thought between it and the Apple Watch. I am very disappointed to learn AFTER the point of purchase, that there is such a widespread issue with not receiving text message notifications. I am certain that thousands of other like me, who purchased on Black Friday/Cyber Monday will be livid upon learning.

FitBit needs to either fix the problem ASAP, or add a note to the purchasing page so that customers like myself aren't tricked into purchasing a product that the company knows DOES NOT currently allow text message notifications. False advertising.

Best Answer
You can’t return it and get your money back. Someone already tried it and FITBit said due to it being an iOS issue they can’t refund anyone or send a new one. Because everything else works

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

It seems it’s the same issue across the board for many folks which has been going on since the IOS update & no action has taken place on FitBit’s part. It’s extremely frustrating-the reason I purchased was to be informed of text & phone calls which no longer works. I plan on getting rid of it & switching to an Apple Watch. This has been going on way to long & FitBit is fully aware of the issue..

Best Answer

@Kdsg support wasn't able to help out when you contacted them? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's hard to accept that a solution has yet to be found for the compatibility issues for iOS 13. The "help" doesn't work. It's been over 2 months - is a solution actually going to be found? With so many genius programmers in the world, perhaps you could hire one to solve this problem.

Best Answer

I feel the same way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been first reported on 6/30/2019 and nothing has been done regarding text notifications. Especially since it was a reported known issue before the official release of the iOS13 update. Way to get out in front FitBit. I understand the iOS update was the breaking area however FitBit needs to be working with Apple to get this corrected or stop advertising this function with Apple products. A product that fit my needs perfectly will now be scrapped for another company’s product that fulfills what it says it should be doing. 

Best Answer
Nope!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am beginning to wonder if the lack of a fix has something to do with Google acquiring FitBit.  

Best Answer

My texts finally started coming through today!

i literally tried everything again (restarting at factory settings, toggling all notifications on and off, forgetting device, turning my phone off after each step)

I received my first text today and am

consistently getting text notifications.

what a pain it was though! This has gone on for two months.

i have a versa 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jaigry  Do you have an iPhone? If so, Do you have text previews turned on in order to be able to get your notifications to come through for texts? This has been the only work around that has worked for me so far and I absolutely do not want text previews on my phone so I continue to not be notified of texts on my charge 2. 

Best Answer

Well hot digitity dirt look at that. Turned on my show previews to “always” on my phone (not ideal or what I would want) and i received a text notification on my FitBit. I guess pick your poison. Have the text preview show up on phone when locked and get a notification on the FitBit or no preview and no notification. 🤷🏻‍:male_sign:

Best Answer
Thanks so much!!! This has worked!!! I don’t particularly want texts shown
on my iPhone but while they apparently try to come up with a fix it’ll have
to do!
Best Answer
0 Votes

So u update your iphone and its Fitbit's fault your not receiving text messages?? One device changes, one does not and you blame the latter? That's just dumb logic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Been 2 months... still waiting for this issue to be fix. Which they would just leave me return the Fitbit and get my money back, but no it’s been 6 months since I’ve bought it and 2 months since the update ruined it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Apple has nothing to do with this people with android phones and Samsung are having the same issues it’s an iOS issue and it’s all Fitbits fault they need to take care of it. I bought an Apple Watch and have had no issues

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

It does say at the top of this thread “after installing iOS 13 beta” but my issues started after a Fitbit firmware update. And other platform users are also experiencing issues. 

Best Answer