Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava integration not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Rides are showing up in my fitbit app on iOS but no longer syncing to strava.  Anyone else?

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community @bhwolf. Sorry for the delayed response.

I regret to hear that your bike rides are not getting transferred to your Strava account. Please make sure you are starting the activity manually from your Fitbit device because only GPS recorded activities from Fitbit will sync to Strava.

In addition, I would recommend revoking the access between Fitbit and Strava and connecting them once again.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us back at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, but unfortunately that didn’t work.  I’ve tried everything I can think of, resetting, revoke, etc, not working.  I see the activities just fine in Fitbit, just not syncing to Strava.  Other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

YES!! Avid runner here and my Fitbit stopped syncing with Strava too! I log activities everyday and the last day it synced automatically with Strava was on the 1st. I’m so disappointed because I ran the Peachtree road race on July 4 and didn’t get my in-depth data from Strava! I tried all the suggestions too. Revoked access, logging in again, I even deleted Strava and tried again. No dice. PLEASE let us know what else to do!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another +1 for it not working here too, track the run via my Fitbit Ionic and it successfully tracks HR and GPS data, it shows up in the Fitbit app as a tracked exercise but never appears in Strava.

I've revoked the access at least 5 times, logged out/in of both Fitbit and Strava multiple times, restarted the Ionic, restarted the phone etc etc, the workouts never appear in Strava.  It used to work and I got at least one workout to sync, now I have to manually export the TCX file from Fitbit and import into Strava (a real pain in the a...).  Best thing is it works perfectly well for my husband on his Ionic.

Any ideas @EdsonFitbit ??  Looking at the forums we're not the only people experiencing this.......

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome and thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community @bhwolf @SunsetRunner @RebeccaMann. Sorry for the delayed response.

Thank you for trying different troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue before contacting us. On this case, I would recommend contacting Strava customer support. They will let you know if there is any issue on their end.

Feel free to contact us back at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EdsonFitbit wrote:

Welcome and thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community @bhwolf @SunsetRunner @RebeccaMann. Sorry for the delayed response.

Thank you for trying different troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue before contacting us. On this case, I would recommend contacting Strava customer support. They will let you know if there is any issue on their end.

Feel free to contact us back at any time.

Sorry but that’s a lame answer, Fitbit.  Lots of people are having this issue and while it could be on the Strava side, it is the Fitbit service that posts the rides to Strava.  I have no way to debug the communications between you and Strava to see what the responses are, otherwise I would take it up with them.  Maybe Fitbit should have a log somewhere that would give us a clue as to what communications have taken place.

I frequently ride with a large group and they have no issues with their myriad of devices (I’m the only one syncing from a Fitbit that I can tell).  Not saying it is or isn’t a Strava issue, but step up and investigate instead of telling us to go ask Strava.

Best Answer

I agree. This really sucks to hear from Fitbit. I have already been in touch with Strava and they're telling me the same thing, "contact Fitbit." My old Garmin device is connected to Strava with no problems. Yes, it could very well be a Strava issue but seeing as Fitbit seems to be the only device showing the issue, I would point the finger at Fitbit. We're not app developers. We have no way of figuring this out. It would be nice for Fitbit and Strava to communicate and not treat us like middlemen. I have stuck with Fitbit for 3 years now always upgrading devices to suit my running needs. This is very disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes