Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge - unable to receive notificatons

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On my iPhone 5s - Fitbit app - when selected notifications - I get this error message below

"Call Notifications and All-Day Sync are disabled for now"

I have looked all the discussion forums, followed all the troubleshooting steps

1] Uninstalled & Reinstalled the App

2] Powered OFF/ON Surge many (tens of times)

3] Powered OFF/ON mobile phone many times

4] Turned OFF/ON bluetooth on mobile phone and Fitbit surge

5] Software is up to date but still this Surge doesn't pair or connect to iPhone 

All I need is to receive notifications like texts/call and able to manage my music.

Any ***Fitbit Tech Experts*** can assist me, don't forward the troubleshooting links from forums, I've already checked for example below one,

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1611

>Checked the product guide as well.

Many thanks in Advance!

Any iPhone users have similar issues??? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @John_NZ, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have described the steps you've taken so far to attempt fixing the issue between your Surge and your phone. At this moment I would like to suggest you to restart Notifications from the Fitbit app. To reset them please follow these steps:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if Surge is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your phone one more time. 
  3. Go to the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Surge > Notifications and enable them once again.
  4. When you're prompted to pair your tracker with your phone, tap on OK and continue.

Additionally, if your tracker is not syncing correctly, setting it up as a new device will reset the connection between the tracker and the phone which might also help with the Notifications issue. Simply after removing the tracker from Bluetooth settings and reset your phone:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes